News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Console Questions...

Started by csx4590, July 08, 2014, 09:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csx4590

Is the carpet on the console glued and held by the stainless trim or is it just glued and the trim just goes around it? The other question is in regard to the attached photo. Do these screws/washers hold on the top of the back chrome piece (the piece that faces the rear seat) or do they hold on the top rear woodgained piece???

Thanks...

myk

AFAIK the carpet is glued on...

Ghoste

I agree, glued on and trim applied after.  As for the fasteners I can't help you.

csx4590

I guess a better way to phrase the carpet question is: do the clips for the trim go through the carpet to help hold it on or do the clips just go into the plastic of the console and not through the carpet? Thanks for the replies so far. I took it apart probably 8 years ago and thought I had taken photos and marked everything so I would know what it was for and where it came from. Now I can't find the photos and have forgotten how to put it back together. Engine should be in this week. I'll post some photos once we get her back on the road here in a few weeks...

Again thanks for any and all replies...

Ghoste

As I recall they go through the carpet.

PlainfieldCharger

I glued the carpet to the panel with 3M 90 spray adhesive. After it dried for a full day I took a scissor and cut a small slit in the carpet thread from the back to allow room for the clips to go though without distorting the carpet. Came out nice.

The screws with cupped washers go the console rear end cap.

timmycharger

Quote from: PlainfieldCharger on July 09, 2014, 07:47:31 AM
I glued the carpet to the panel with 3M 90 spray adhesive. After it dried for a full day I took a scissor and cut a small slit in the car thread from the back to allow room for the clips to go though without distorting the carpet. Came out nice.

The screws with cupped washers go the console rear end cap.

:iagree: