News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Color breakdown of the 70 produced HEMI powered Daytonas?

Started by rotten1965, July 07, 2014, 10:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar John

Quote from: held1823 on December 01, 2016, 09:12:54 PM
what are the last six of joanne's former a4? it is certainly a beautiful color combo.
Ernie,
The vin for Joannes  former A4 Daytona is XX29L9B390020.
MJ

Mopar John

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on December 02, 2016, 09:30:36 AM
Just for yucks, here's what it looked like after I detailed it, before it was sold...
Dave,
Thanks for the great picture!
Could you add the picture to XX29L9B390020 in the registry on this site?
All that we have is a picture of the fender tag but none of the car so any you have would be great!
Thanks! MJ

TiMopar

Dave, thanks for sharing the picture of that beautiful silver car.

hemigeno

Quote from: held1823 on November 27, 2016, 04:35:09 PM
Anybody know what color the 99 Special order paint Daytona was?

omaha orange

I have heard rumors of another 99/Special Order Paint Daytona which was painted something other than Omaha Orange.  All the "99" paint code indicated was "Non-Standard Color".  But... the one in the photo is well-documented to be that hue.

held1823

Just for yucks, here's what it looked like after I detailed it, before it was sold...

how many power tours decals did you have to scrape off? she certainly was not afraid to drive it
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: held1823 on December 02, 2016, 09:18:32 PM

how many power tours decals did you have to scrape off? she certainly was not afraid to drive it

No Doubt.

I was told to leave the ones on the back window, but got to clean the Forum Freaks ones off of the wing uprights.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

held1823

All that we have is a picture of the fender tag but none of the car so any you have would be great!
Thanks! MJ

there are a handful of them among the photos i took at indy in 2012

http://s406.photobucket.com/user/held1823/library/2012%20indy?sort=3&page=1
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

rotten1965

Quote from: held1823 on December 02, 2016, 10:12:01 PM
Thanks! MJ

WOW! Thank you so much for all the pictures of this Amazing Daytona! A4 with Black Interior/Wing is so Damn easy on the eyes! I have to say that with the detail job done by Dave this car still looks great at 47 years old even before a complete restoration. I am trying to find more pictures of another A4 Daytona that has a White Wing that I pulled off the net a few years ago. I think it's a Clone because the nose and fenders are solid (no seal to seperate them). It was taken on the side of the road from the drivers side with the headlights open and turned on. Does anyone know the story or have details of that A4 Daytona? I don't know what it is about this color (A4) but it sure make the 1969 Dodge Daytona even more Bad A$$! Thanks again to all the helpful members here in the Aero Car Forums!

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: rotten1965 on December 04, 2016, 01:52:43 AM
Quote from: held1823 on December 02, 2016, 10:12:01 PM
Thanks! MJ

WOW! Thank you so much for all the pictures of this Amazing Daytona! A4 with Black Interior/Wing is so Damn easy on the eyes! I have to say that with the detail job done by Dave this car still looks great at 47 years old even before a complete restoration. I am trying to find more pictures of another A4 Daytona that has a White Wing that I pulled off the net a few years ago. I think it's a Clone because the nose and fenders are solid (no seal to seperate them). It was taken on the side of the road from the drivers side with the headlights open and turned on. Does anyone know the story or have details of that A4 Daytona? I don't know what it is about this color (A4) but it sure make the 1969 Dodge Daytona even more Bad A$$! Thanks again to all the helpful members here in the Aero Car Forums!

Thanks!  I sent a few more shots to Homerr for the Daytona Registry.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

500Jon

Stunning SILVER/BLACK Daytona indeed! :2thumbs:
Those 14 inch wheels look TINY... :scratchchin:

All Daytona's should have come with 15 x 7 rims, just my  :Twocents:
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

held1823

Dave, I think there are a few photos of both your car and Pat's bird in the monster mopar 2012 album on my photobucket
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

70Sbird

Dave K,
great job on the detailing and sticker removal!
I'll always remember the car a little dirtier and well used! She wasn't afraid of stretching it's legs....I don't think I ever saw the front of her car! :smilielol:
Here are a couple of pics in southern Tennessee on the way back from Talladega in 2009. I was doing my best to keep up with her, and Danny was trying to keep up with me in his 500 when is still had the tall gear in it!

Scott Faulkner

rotten1965

Quote from: 70Sbird on December 14, 2016, 11:53:38 AM
Dave K,
I'll always remember the car a little dirtier and well used! She wasn't afraid of stretching it's legs....I don't think I ever saw the front of her car! :smilielol:
Here are a couple of pics in southern Tennessee on the way back from Talladega in 2009. I was doing my best to keep up with her, and Danny was trying to keep up with me in his 500 when is still had the tall gear in it!

70Sbird,

Thanks for sharing these pictures! Can you remember what the top end speed was during these highway runs? I have heard (depending on rear axel ratio) that both the Daytona and Superbird were able to reach speeds of 155 mph without any modifications and with a good tail wind could push 165. If there are any members that have pushed their cars to the max to see what they were able to do out on the highways please share your top end speed! Please include motor/trans info also! (Mods, Please let me know if you prefer that I start a "Top End Speed" Thread)

odcics2

My first Bird had a 3:55 gear and on the way home after I bought it, I stood on it from a standstill.
It ran up to 120 before it shifted into "D" and was still pulling strong.   I let it go a little longer before I had to slow down for a stop.

The car was as stable as could be.   :2thumbs:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

70Sbird

Quote from: rotten1965 on December 15, 2016, 01:23:27 AM
Quote from: 70Sbird on December 14, 2016, 11:53:38 AM
Dave K,

70Sbird,

Thanks for sharing these pictures! Can you remember what the top end speed was during these highway runs? I have heard (depending on rear axel ratio) that both the Daytona and Superbird were able to reach speeds of 155 mph without any modifications and with a good tail wind could push 165. If there are any members that have pushed their cars to the max to see what they were able to do out on the highways please share your top end speed! Please include motor/trans info also! (Mods, Please let me know if you prefer that I start a "Top End Speed" Thread)

I don't think we were running any faster that mid 80's MPH, my typical highway cruising speed is around 75 (ish) that is right around 3600 RPM. I have probably had mine to 115 or so, but I  really have no need or desire to go that fast in the old 'Bird
Scott

Scott Faulkner