News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Under Dash Ground

Started by HeavyFuel, July 16, 2014, 05:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavyFuel

If the ignition orange box is to be re-located inside the cabin, near the steering column, what would be the best place to ground it?  Would the ground strap for the column be a good place, or does it have to be on the firewall?

I want to move the box inside where it's cooler, and to make it more accessible when swapping out a new one.

Dino

Anywhere you want.  It really doesn't matter all that much where it is as long as it's a solid ground.  Decide where you want the box and look for the shortest run to the biggest bolt.  That's always your best bet.  It can be on the column, firewall, dash, wherever.  They are all connected.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

HeavyFuel

Dino

My pleasure

Any ideas on where you're putting the box?  There should be a few nice options to place it and you may even find a factory hole to run the wiring through.

HeavyFuel

Yeah, I may luck out.

The wire bundle looks long enough to reach inside, and fit through the unused hole that now has a plastic plug.   :yesnod:

The box will fit nicely beside the vent box, and be out of sight.  I'll run a ground wire to the nearest heavy bolt.

Dino