News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Importance of Wiring Diagrams

Started by draftingmonkey, July 10, 2014, 01:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

draftingmonkey

See a lot of threads on various electrical problems. Many times it is suggested to find a wiring diagram for their car, many are available through helpful members. The reason I bring this up is that many moons ago I had a crazy issue with my lights. The dome light did not work when the doors opened. At the same time the brake lights and turn lights did not work either. But, when stepping on the brake pedal the dome light would come on.  This issue could have taken a long time to figure out without a diagram. With it I was able to trace both circuits and the only place they came together was at the fuse box. After disconnecting the battery, I removed the fuse box from the firewall and saw that the brake light wiring had broken off, dropped and fused itself to the same circuit as the dome light.  After repairing the problem, no more issues.
Just thought I would share my experience with other folks.

Ghoste

So right, electrical is one of my weakest abilities and if I didn't have the diagram to help I would have to look to someone else for help.

RoscoePColtrain

Wholeheartedly agree.

I found the ones on MyMopar.com to be immensley helpful