News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LA Motor Help! Will all 318 fit in a 1981 D 250 Van?

Started by cudaken, July 13, 2014, 07:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

Friend from a Train Site thinks he needs a new 318 for his Van. Personally I would net be ready to yank it just yet with 81,000 miles on it. Jeff is a disabled Vet and has lost part of one leg, and the other foot so he cannot wrench him self.

We have raised $600.00 (Train Site Folk) have raised $650.00 for repairs or replacement for the 318 in the Van.

His Dad found a 318 in a junk yard that is said to be in good shape. At this point I have no details on what year the replacement 318 is or what it came from.

What I do know about Jeff's Van.

1981 D 250
2 Barrel and Lean Burn has been removed.
Auto, but no clue if it is a 727 or 904.

I am more than likely sure he will need to use is Oil Pan, Exhaust Manifolds Intake and Junk Carb. He has to shoot starting fluid in the carb on first start up.   

Are all the 318 blocks interchangeable? Will older intake and exhaust manifolds work with newer style heads?

Thank You For The Coming Answers.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Kern Dog

67tbird

http://www.magnumswap.com/using-la-parts-on-a-magnum/  
Magnum heads have intake bolts canted at diff. angle old manifold wont work so anything but magnum should be ok

cudaken

I am back