News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I got the "WHOA" face last night

Started by DadsCharger00, July 02, 2014, 12:12:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DadsCharger00

:o not the "O" face...(you know what I'm talking about) haha, but I was out for a drive in the 68 and I came up to a corner where two little kids were playing on their scooters. As I turned the corner, then one dropped his scooter, and I heard him go "WHOA!!! WOW...look at that!!!" to his buddy. His jaw was almost on the concrete! Made me smile. Not much of a story, but makes you feel good, and gives me hope that future generations will hopefully appreciate these cars as much as we all do!

Ghoste

six-tee-nine

You should have stepped on the loud pedal and lit up the tires. Then they would have lost a night of sleep
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

F8-4life

You may have sparked a love for old chargers in a kid  just then who knows?

don duick

That has happened to me 2 times in the last year yes it feels good

Tilar

Yes it does. I drive my 73 Rallye to work now and then and even with some rust in the rear quarters kids flock around that thing like it's the only one around... and it might be lol
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

redmist

I had a young guy in a WRX walk up to me at the gas station with his jaw open...

He said he had only seen a Charger in video games, and movies. Never one in real life. He loved it.  :2thumbs:
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

myk

One of the perks of being a Charger driver; it turns the driver into a rock star guaranteed.  I'm ashamed to admit it, but I think the only reason why I go to cruises and shows is for the reactions from the public...

Cooter

Quote from: myk on July 03, 2014, 12:51:14 AM
One of the perks of being a Charger driver; it turns the driver into a rock star guaranteed.  I'm ashamed to admit it, but I think the only reason why I go to cruises and shows is for the reactions from the public...

And with all the hell one of these can put the owner through at times, ain't nothin wrong with that.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Stegs

you can drive a gto, chevelle, camero, mustang, etc

but nothing draws a crowd like a mopar....I took my car to the beach last week sunday night, I had people turn the head so fast I thought for sure they would break their neck

funny part is I drove past 2 chevelles and mustang...but nobody (even gm guys) are real big fans.......but everyone loves the look/sound of a mopar!

myk

Quote from: Cooter on July 03, 2014, 06:25:15 AM
Quote from: myk on July 03, 2014, 12:51:14 AM

And with all the hell one of these can put the owner through at times, ain't nothin wrong with that.

You know what, you're absolutely right.  I don't regret the last 20 years with this car but it wasn't all easy and it isn't getting any easier; I guess I've paid my dues...

Back N Black

About 5 year ago new neighbour's moved in next door and his kids were out in the court playing one afternoon and I opened the garage door and the 12 year old son saw the charger and said to his brother it's a 69 charger! Just like the General Lee. This kid was the biggest Dukes fan I ever met. Over the years he would always come into the garage and help me work on the charger and sometimes I would take him for a drive, he would be smiling from ear to ear. Last week he graduated from high school and I drove him and his girlfriend to the prom and his girlfriend said to me "you just made his dream come true".

DadsCharger00

last night...another fun story! Pulling out of my house, and a young guy driving a 72 corvette rolls by. Purposefully pulls into the opposite lane, slows down, and waits for me to get beside him, and gives me the big thumbs up!  :icon_smile_big: In his defense though his car looked pretty good too!  :2thumbs:

MaximRecoil

I get that all the time, and my '69 is a beater. I can only imagine the reactions to one with nice bodywork and paint.

Yesterday it was hotter than the hubs of hell here, and I drove to the lake where the air coming off the water was cooler. Tons of other people had the same idea, but luckily I found a place to park. There were two kids nearby with their mother; they looked to be 7-9 years old, and one of them was excitedly pointing at my car, wanting his mother to look. About 20 minutes later, they both came up to my window and one of them said, "I like your car," then the other one said, "I like your car too."

Earlier that day, when I was sitting in my car eating lunch, some teenagers in a late '90s or early '00s Cadillac Seville with a rumbling exhaust sound and 4 pipes sticking out the rear, pulled alongside my car and the kid who was driving said, "I'll trade you my Cadillac for your car."

crj1968

Awesome-
I stopped at a convenience store the other day and got out walking toward the door. THis kid about 10 or so and his mom were walking out and he goes

MOM! MOM! Thats the car I was telling you about that drove by our house today!! There it is!

She lookes at me and says. "He's pretty excited about your car."    :icon_smile_big:

I've owned LOTS of cool Mopars and Fords, nothing turns heads like a Charger, it's crazy...and mine is pretty rough

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

timmycharger

Love it!!  I got the whoa face a few months ago when my car was on a flat bed having the top done. The car was basically a shell, no doors, hood, etc, and I was driving behind it. I saw a guy doing landscaping elbow his buddy and point and they both were in awe as it drove by.  Cant wait till its driving again!!

MaximRecoil

Quote from: crj1968 on July 03, 2014, 01:08:48 PM
I've owned LOTS of cool Mopars and Fords, nothing turns heads like a Charger, it's crazy...and mine is pretty rough

I think it's because the second-generation Charger has the visual impact of something exotic, like a Ferrari or something, but more "muscular", while many/most other "muscle cars" look like a glorified family car (which is what they started out as at the beginning of the muscle car era). Then of course, on top of that there is the "General Lee" factor.

TPR

Took a couple of Mates out a few days ago and they were surprised by the amount of attention we got.
It's school holidays here so we got a lot of WOW's from various kids on street corners, also got a big thumbs up from the postman too.
My Mates kept commenting and pointing out when people were staring and grabbing for their camera phones.
I'm used to it, but it's still fun.

What I find most hilarious is when some knob in a hotted up shitbox complete with body kit and too many stickers, pulls up along side you and when you meet their glance they just hang their head in shame.  :hah:
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

lloyd3

After almost 19-years with this particular car, I'm getting a little jaded about all the attention. My 10-year old, however, flat loves it.  Clearly, something about these cars still resonates with young (and older) men. And... that's almost 50-years after the design hit the streets; that's quite an accomplishment. Somebody did something right.

Patronus

Its all in the hips!
I have the most trouble driving the Charger, I can't help but smile.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Cooter

Just when you dred going back to an azzhole boss, a job you literally hate, people you work for are educated dumbasses, the public are just uneducated dumbasses, you find out your wife of 20 years has a back that will never be right and workmans Comp. Is gonna hose her to the wall, just when you don't think you can allow the good lord to bestow any more BS upon you as you will commit a crime against the next moron that pisses you off that would make a Rob Zombie movie look like PeeWee's Big Adventure.......

A cruise in one of these cars makes everything right......

Ghoste

HANDM

I agree that a drive in a Mopar, be it a Cuda Challenger or Charger, will put all right with your world........
I'm luckier than most to own all three and drive them.....sometimes.... lol

Honestly though, the Charger is right there with our Cadillac DTS for smoothness and comfort.

lloyd3

HANDM: It's gotta be an automatic! Mine's like driving a 3/4-ton truck, w/ lots of suspension, tranny and rear-end noise. I've also been known to compare it to driving a beercan down the road, but that doesn't mean that I don't still love it.

XH29N0G

Been following this thread and like the response you had.  (I had one today with two people jumping out of a truck while I was filling up and running around the car taking pics on their phones.  Didn't quite seem right  :scratchchin:, but they also just seemed enthusiastic, not like they were up to anything). 
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

hemi68charger

Nothing wrong with that..... Always makes for a cool feeling..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection