News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what weiland blower i should get??

Started by i.d.k., July 01, 2014, 02:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

i.d.k.

Hello fellow charger owners. I'm Ted from Holland and have an 69 R/T Charger 500 stroker with an 4-speed behind it. I think the engine is .60 overbore and the stroker set is from 440source i think. There are just the low compression heads on the car and there is an edelbrock dualquad setup on it now. Also an complete msd 6al setup.

What blower brand should i take and what is the difference between the 671 and the 871 setup?

http://www.superchargerusa.com/chrysler_bk_street_strip.htm#440 Chrysler Blower / Supercharger Kits - "STREET & SHOW"

I saw this site. Is there somebody who have an whole setup for sale? Does there needs to be an heck of an job been done to convert everyting to a blower?

I hope you all can advise me in this.

Greetz ted!!!

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

John_Kunkel

The 8-71 moves the same air as the 6-71 but at a lower speed....high speed equals heat and parasitic loss. IOW, if you turn both the same speed, the 8-71 moves more air.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

i.d.k.

I know i can contact blower services but maybe there are some guy's here who have had this done already. But thanks for the already given info.

Gr ted.

cudaken

"Hello fellow charger owners. I'm Ted from Holland and have an 69 R/T Charger 500 stroker with an 4-speed behind it. I think the engine is .60 overbore and the stroker set is from 440source i think. There are just the low compression heads on the car and there is an edelbrock dualquad setup on it now. Also an complete msd 6al setup." 

Big thing I would want to know first is what my true compression ratio is! Personally 9:1 is the max and rather be in at 8.5:1 or lower. I went with BDS and they sale complete kits.

Far as 6-71 or 8-71?  :scratchchin: With a 500 CI I would probable go with a 8-71. Mine is a 440 so I went with a 6-71.

You would all so want to change your cam, blower need more help on the exhaust side than intake. Reed Cams did my blower cam. I all so had exhaust port work done on my 346 heads.

Cuda Ken
I am back

i.d.k.

Hello ken,

Thanks for your awnser. I'll let my engine builder check it out what to do. Do i have to make adjustments on mine cooling system and pulley's? And is a A-833 23 spline tranny strong enough to cope with that sort of hp? And the .60 overbore isn't a problem?

Gr ted.