News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

steering wheel vibration

Started by don duick, July 01, 2014, 07:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don duick

my steering wheel has a very fine vibration when the engine is running. there is no difference in the vibration if the car is driving or standing. sometimes it is hard to turn for about a second or two then goes easy again. anybody experienced this ? or know the cause? It is definitely not unbalanced wheels the steering wheel does not shake while driving.

six-tee-nine

Power steering?

If so I say air in your system or low on ps fluid. Air in the system is 99% caused by low oil level. If the pump should suck air while running you probably will have a leak with the engine turned off.

Check for leaks, top off the ps fluid. Air should bleed out after a couple of complete cylces from left to right.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

don duick

thank you and yes power steering.

MSRacing89

Make sure your header is not resting on your PS box.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

don duick

header is touching the steering box. never thought of that thank you