News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can I start my car while it's on jack stands?

Started by Dino, July 16, 2014, 03:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

I would always have thought no but ever since I got those 12 ton truck stands, I'm not so sure it would be an issue.  I have two under the frame rails right behind the rad and two under the rails near the spring shackles.

I planned on waiting until the car was on the ground but it would be nice to be able to start it as is.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Tilar

I've done it many many times. As long as it is solid on the stands it will be fine.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

twodko

What Tyler said plus having the floor Jack there as back up you're google to go.........I'd prolly
forgo spending anymore time under the car than you really need to.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Troy

It might even be able to spin the tires that way! :P

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Dino

Quote from: Troy on July 16, 2014, 04:07:43 PM

Troy

Hey!  Don't make fun of my car!   :lol:

Thanks folks!

Tilar

Quote from: Troy on July 16, 2014, 04:07:43 PM

Troy

:smilielol:  Troy you're bad.  :lol:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

myk

Quote from: Dino on July 16, 2014, 03:05:29 PM
I would always have thought no but ever since I got those 12 ton truck stands, I'm not so sure it would be an issue.  I have two under the frame rails right behind the rad and two under the rails near the spring shackles.

I planned on waiting until the car was on the ground but it would be nice to be able to start it as is.

Hold on a minute...What is that sexy red thing that's parked beside the Charger?   

Dino

That's my wife's baby:  2002 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air.  Stock except for the Magnaflow exhaust.  I think it still has less than 25K miles on it but when she drives it she drives it.  I had to replace the blown rear speakers recently, she likes her classic rock in that thing.   :lol:

It's because of that car that I am dead set on having a T-56 trans in the Charger.   :yesnod:

myk

Quote from: Dino on July 17, 2014, 09:24:30 PM
That's my wife's baby:  2002 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air.  Stock except for the Magnaflow exhaust.  I think it still has less than 25K miles on it but when she drives it she drives it.  I had to replace the blown rear speakers recently, she likes her classic rock in that thing.   :lol:

It's because of that car that I am dead set on having a T-56 trans in the Charger.   :yesnod:

Dude, I have a black '99 WS6-clone.  The 4.1 Gen T/A WS6 and the 2nd Gen Charger are are my personal favorite cars of all time.  Too bad I don't have a 6 speed like you guys do, though; I just couldn't afford the $5K premium for the M6.  In any case, sounds like you've got the greatest cars AND the best girl a man could ever hope for...

Dino

Quote from: myk on July 18, 2014, 02:12:53 AM
That's my wife's baby:  2002 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air.  Stock except for the Magnaflow exhaust.  I think it still has less than 25K miles on it but when she drives it she drives it.  I had to replace the blown rear speakers recently, she likes her classic rock in that thing.   :lol:

It's because of that car that I am dead set on having a T-56 trans in the Charger.   :yesnod:

Dude, I have a black '99 WS6-clone.  The 4.1 Gen T/A WS6 and the 2nd Gen Charger are are my personal favorite cars of all time.  Too bad I don't have a 6 speed like you guys do, though; I just couldn't afford the $5K premium for the M6.  In any case, sounds like you've got the greatest cars AND the best girl a man could ever hope for...

True but don't tell her that.   :lol:

The T/A is a blast to drive, as you know, the 6 speed is just a bonus.   :2thumbs:

myk

Quote from: Dino on July 18, 2014, 08:05:13 AM

The T/A is a blast to drive, as you know, the 6 speed is just a bonus.   :2thumbs:

It's endless speed and power in a body that I can't believe was ever conceived by mortal man.  BTW any 'mods?  Mine's bone-stock but I'm thinking about the Bilstein shock and Eibach spring package: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetails.php?PartID=130&CategoryID=21&ModelID=8

Dino

Quote from: myk on July 19, 2014, 04:51:25 AM
Quote from: Dino on July 18, 2014, 08:05:13 AM

It's endless speed and power in a body that I can't believe was ever conceived by mortal man.  BTW any 'mods?  Mine's bone-stock but I'm thinking about the Bilstein shock and Eibach spring package: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetails.php?PartID=130&CategoryID=21&ModelID=8

No mods except for the Magnaflow exhaust.  It sounded a bit too quiet with the stock muffler, much better now.   :2thumbs:

moparfan

its great when the wife's or girl friends are into cars.

Ghoste