News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Classic Auto Air Receiver/Drier Installation

Started by twenty mike mike, October 25, 2014, 12:30:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twenty mike mike

I tried to mock up the CAA receiver/drier so I could mark the inner fender to drill the mounting holes, but it looks like a "can't get there from here" situation. There is no way to mount it on the inner fender and keep the tube parallel to the fitting coming through the firewall. The bracket doesn't look like it's been bent in handling, since the paint is still intact.

I'll call CAA on Monday if nobody has an answer, but is this even the right part for a Second Gen?

I found a Mopar Muscle how-to and it doesn't look like they had any issues. The bracket on theirs looks like it might be a little different, but it's hard to tell with the quality of the pics.

PlainfieldCharger

Can you use the stock bracket so it matches the holes already there? You could bend the two legs so they are parallel to the fender :Twocents:

Dino

I can't help you with the classic air stuff, but the stock bracket had quite a bit of tension on it as well.  I'd try and bolt the bracket to the fender before you secure the drier.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

PlainfieldCharger

It looks like the bracket is spot welded to the cannister.. :Twocents:

Dino

twenty mike mike

Thanks for the replies.

It's a non A/C car, so there are no preexisting bracket holes. Plenty of random holes from POs which I had hoped to use, but so far, no dice.

Bending the bracket seems the obvious solution, but if that doesn't work out, and it's not the right part, a warranty claim would be a bit of an issue.

twenty mike mike

Turns out it's a unique part for a Second Gen. I was told to bend the bracket as much as I need to, and if that results in a crack, they'll send me another one.

Dino

Great!   That means you don't have to stress if you mess it up!   :2thumbs:

PlainfieldCharger

:2thumbs: Not sure why the bracket they sold you was designed NOT to mount flush.... :Twocents:

twenty mike mike

Massaged and in place for fitting. It's back out now so I can finish painting the inner fender.