News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Buy 68-70 for a decent price.

Started by brh11, September 21, 2014, 04:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brh11

Hey guys,

I was wanting to ask where I could possibly buy a project car. I've looked all over the web but iv only found 5k and up.All I need is a good body no rust and a decent price as I plan to rebuild the engine and buy all of the other parts at a later date.Any help would be great.

Thanks again!

John L

It depends on what YOUR idea of what a "decent price" is. If your looking for a solid roller good luck getting it for under 5K. Second gen. Chargers bring some decent money, cheap and solid are not used in the same sentence often when buying a 68-70 Charger.

brh11

Yeah well.I mean like maybe 3-4 pretty bare bones.Looking to do most of the work myself.

Chargen69

not trying to be mean, but the reason you cant find a charger with no rust for 5k, is because that would be a gift

Ghoste

Yeah, I think you'll need to set your budget a little higher, especially for one with no rust.

brh11

No its fine.I'm new to this so I sometimes go over a little bit.There was a guy who was selling his 97 for 2400 to me.That's what made me question

brh11

As for rust.I'm more then willing to work hard I just don't want to pay 00s for shops to fix it

Ghoste

brh11

97 charger with a full (but need to be rebuilt) 338 and trans

JB400

No Charger was factory built in '97.  Do you mean '67? :popcrn:

Ghoste

And 67's go for considerably less than a 68-70.

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Brock Lee

Typically the ass ends of these cars rot. It takes about $3K in sheetmetal (not including labor to install) to repair even the minor rust issue car that still has solid frame rails. It is very unrealistic to expect to find a solid body for just $2K more. At that price it would be a huge savings over buying and fixing one with issues.

gtx6970

a no rust 68-70 Charger at $5k,  even if it's a bare shell would be a dream

Dino

Quote from: gtx6970 on October 07, 2014, 02:18:30 PM
a no rust 68-70 Charger at $5k,  even if it's a bare shell would be a dream

A $5K Charger sounds more like a nightmare!   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

fy469rtse

Dino,
you hit the nail on the head , my current car , 2 1/2  years doing metal work , no such thing as rust free unless you top end your bubget and find a project thats run out of steam, still looking at 15  upwards

Dino

Quote from: fy469rtse on October 09, 2014, 05:09:53 PM
Dino,
you hit the nail on the head , my current car , 2 1/2  years doing metal work , no such thing as rust free unless you top end your bubget and find a project thats run out of steam, still looking at 15  upwards

Yes it adds up doesn't it?  The great thing about all the work your doing is that it is going to pay off in spades.  Not only will you have a car that is literally better than stock, you'll also be ble to look at it and tell yourself that it was all you that got it there.  Now that my friend is priceless.   :yesnod:   :cheers:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

64dartgt

You can get a decent 3rd gen for that though.