News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stupid comments about your car

Started by 69bronzeT5, March 18, 2008, 01:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: ionracer24 on June 16, 2014, 09:13:58 AM
Quote from: Mick70RR on March 18, 2008, 01:45:35 PM
I was warming the engine on the car park at work yesterday when a guy from the place I work came over and said " I see you still havn't sorted that idle problem out have you". Comp XS290S.

If i had a nickle......... :slap:

Youre slipping.... i would have come right back with "i get better gas mileage with 2 plug wires disconnected."

ionracer24

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on June 16, 2014, 11:32:16 AM
Quote from: ionracer24 on June 16, 2014, 09:13:58 AM
Quote from: Mick70RR on March 18, 2008, 01:45:35 PM
I was warming the engine on the car park at work yesterday when a guy from the place I work came over and said " I see you still havn't sorted that idle problem out have you". Comp XS290S.

If i had a nickle......... :slap:

Youre slipping.... i would have come right back with "i get better gas mileage with 2 plug wires disconnected."

Lol, thats good..
Real race cars have three pedals......

cudaken

When I moved into my house 20 years ago, my new next door neighbor asked me what was wrong with my 68 Road Runner because it idled so badly?  :scratchchin: Told him, that the was the way a 426 Maxie sounds.  :lol:

70 Cuda
1 Car show, kid say "You have a 383 Chevy Engine in your car?" :brickwall:
2 At a Gas Station. Guy said "My Mustang looked just like yours"!  :slap:
3 At a Stop Light, guy rolls up to me and ask "Is that a Z 28 or just a SS"? :eek2: 

69 Charger
1 Car show. "Man that is a nice Judge"!  ::)
2 My house a guy stopped and told me "That looks like my old Super Bee! I give you $500 right now"!
3 My house again. Guy asked "Is the motor stock"? Charger has a GMC 6-71 hanging out of the hood? Told him yep, bone stock 318!  :D

Cuda Ken
I am back

bill440rt

I attended a real nice Father's Day show over the weekend at the Jersey shore with my '69. Beautiful day, cars overlooking the water, grass & parking lots filled, etc. I had the only Charger.

Some guy is walking around the car talking to his buddy, "Man this is just like one of those cars that just sold for $3.5 million at the auction last night on TV!"

:o :o (Now where the hell did I put that title...)  :o :o   :smilielol: :smilielol: :lol: :lol:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

HeavyFuel

Quote from: bill440rt on June 14, 2014, 08:18:37 PM
Or "Nice Camaro!"  :lol:

A couple males on the sidewalk noticed my car going by.   One started jumping up and down and yelled at the other, "That's a Corvette!"

I got kick out of that.   They were about 10 years old.   :lol:

resq302

Quote from: bill440rt on June 17, 2014, 07:01:13 AM
I attended a real nice Father's Day show over the weekend at the Jersey shore with my '69. Beautiful day, cars overlooking the water, grass & parking lots filled, etc. I had the only Charger.

Some guy is walking around the car talking to his buddy, "Man this is just like one of those cars that just sold for $3.5 million at the auction last night on TV!"

:o :o (Now where the hell did I put that title...)  :o :o   :smilielol: :smilielol: :lol: :lol:

So Bill, when did you add the convertible top to your 69?   :smilielol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bill440rt

Quote from: resq302 on June 17, 2014, 01:33:41 PM
Quote from: bill440rt on June 17, 2014, 07:01:13 AM

So Bill, when did you add the convertible top to your 69?   :smilielol:

Why, my convertible top looks EXACTLY like yours, except it's black!  :smilielol:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

chargerman69

I have had this a couple times
Guy, that a 400
Me, no its a 403 olds
Guy, so its not numbers matching
Me, yes it is they put 403's in it after the 400
Guy, then its a small block
Me, no its a big block its 6.6L not 4.9

Don't people know they used 403's in trans am

mowdawg

Some guy once pulled up alongside me and said, "Your exhaust stinks."  I thought he was kidding around because no one ever said anything like that to me, then he got angrier, yelled at me for smiling (I truly had no idea he was serious) and told me I "should put some g**damn catalytic converters on that thing."

He looked like a pretty miserable guy.

Kern Dog

Perfect time to do a great burnout to cover the smell of the exhaust!

Moparman01

I got one... Years ago at a cruise night I had my 68 Charger parked next to my buddies gorgeous 66 Polara with a built healthy 383. Some guy from out of town came up to me, claiming to be a hard core Mopar guy and bragging about this car and that car he has back home. I think ok whatever, I'll listen. Well then he starts asking me about my buddies Polara, I told it was built real nice and was pretty quick. He says "yeah right that land yacht pobably won't get out of it's own way quick enough!" We'll I've riden in it plenty, what do you know about it? He then proceeds to say "well it sure is a lot nicer than that POS Charger next to it!" Now I'm standing there wearing a 68 Charger T-Shirt and this dumb a$$ can't put 2+2 together, I said yeah that's mine, what's your problem with it? He say's "oh well I got a bunch of Charger parts if you ever need them." I said nope don't need them, I sure as hell wouldn't buy them from you anyway!" Turned around and walked away before I got myself into trouble.

Then one night at cruise in with General Lee a guy tried to argue that my General was the wrong year Charger for a Dukes car! And he was adiment about it! A friend of mine walked away laughing as I tried to explain to his guy it is a 69 Charger, just what the "General Lee" from the series was. Guy wouldn't buy it, I had to walk away from that one laughing too!!

comet_666

lloyd3

At the local King Soopers today, a lady driving a KIA minivan just asked me if my car was a Chevy.  She should have been old been old enough to know better.

moparnation74

I enjoy it when people look in the engine bay and come up to me later and ask, "What motor is that?"  Meanwhile the pie tin states, "440 Magnum."  And these are guys 50+, kills me.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: moparnation74 on June 26, 2014, 08:53:26 AM
I enjoy it when people look in the engine bay and come up to me later and ask, "What motor is that?"  Meanwhile the pie tin states, "440 Magnum."  And these are guys 50+, kills me.

Given the amount of stroker kits and modifications people make for one reason or another and NOT change pie tins, that's not such a stupid question. Maybe they are trying to ask if the car still a 440 as the pie tin says and just not asking properly.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

ACUDANUT

Also, there are clowns out there that put "Hemi" on their hoods and the actual engine is a 318.

Troy

Honestly, most people use this line as a conversation starter. Sort of like asking about your job or commenting about the weather at some social gathering. People who know nothing about cars (but want to learn) will usually ask a benign mechanical question along these lines.

Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 26, 2014, 02:17:52 PM
Also, there are clowns out there that put "Hemi" on their hoods and the actual engine is a 318.
That's because 80% of the people who look at it can't tell the difference! I like to mess with people...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ws23rt

Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 26, 2014, 02:17:52 PM

I put 383 emblems on the hood of my hemi RR for years because I drove it as a daily driver and tired of the constant attention it got. With 383 on the hood I could blend in with traffic and have peace in parking lots. :icon_smile_wink:

ACUDANUT

Lighthorseman

...Meanwhile the pie tin states, "440 Magnum."

I have a "225 Super Six" pie tin, and was thinking of putting it on the warmed up 440 in my Satellite...

fy469rtse

We have an all American day at flemington, they usually sort the cars by make or clubs, I go park amongst the mustangs , love hearing look at the size of this fastback stang , and there staring straight at charger badge rt badge ?

rnjump

At a local cruise night I saw a guy had a few friends around him giving a speech about my Superbird. When I walked over there he had his hand in my fender scoop explaining it was a clone cause it had no hole in the fender. Thats not a totally out of this world statement but he sure was trying to be the authority.
  If you really want to hear the crazy stuff drive an AMX somewhere.