News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Changing tires using a floor jack: Where do you put the jack on the body?

Started by XH29N0G, June 28, 2014, 07:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XH29N0G

I can figure this out, but I thought there might be some practical wisdom that would help.  My inclination for changing tires would be to look for frame rails near the black triangles in the picture below.  Is there  a better suggestion?
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

XH29N0G

I am thinking for changing the tires.  If I go under the axle housing, the tire lifts with the car.  This is what I did last time, and it was a little bit of a dance move to get the tire out from the wheel well.  Apologies for not being more clear with the original post.   Do I just do the dance, or is there a different place to put the jack.  I will change my original post to make it more clear.

Or maybe it protects us. 

A383Wing

for rear tire change, I put jack at frame rail in front of tire...for front tire change, either on K-frame or lower control arm for tire change

MoParJW

In the rear, I put the jack under the front spring hanger mount to change a wheel.
Or under the u-bolt bracket (?) with a block of wood when I don't have to take the wheels off.
'68 Plymouth Satellite sedan 318

XH29N0G

Thanks

The K-Frame for front and the frame near front of the spring mount for rear worked well.

Or maybe it protects us. 

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce