News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I had this back for one month, one car show, then this, update 12/8/14

Started by 8WHEELER, June 26, 2014, 09:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8WHEELER

Quote from: resq302 on December 13, 2014, 02:05:27 AM
coming a long nicely!  What are you going to do about the bumper? Send it out and have it straightened or bend the brackets back to what they are supposed to be?

That turned out to be strange. I took my other front bumper I had the shop chrome at the same time as this one. We also brought in the NEW AMD bumper, that the guy
that runs the shop had.

The AMD bumper fit worse, then the second bumper I had, that was done the same day as the first one, and by the same guy fit perfect   :shruggy: so I am very happy with the fit,
I just need to take the first bumper back. The shop is by far the biggest chrome shop in Washington, and I can't count how many bumpers I have had done there,
and this is only the second one not just right, so it is OK.

I was at the shop today help finishing up the small stuff, Monday it goes to the final detail guy............. and I forgot my camera   :rotz:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

miamivice

Hi Dan,

Was wondering the other day about you and the car.   Glad to see real progress has been made finally!

bull

Ugh, what a hassle. Sorry for your misfortune... hopefully it all got used up.

bull

Quote from: 8WHEELER on June 29, 2014, 03:33:31 PM
Quote from: lloyd3 on June 28, 2014, 09:05:39 PM
8-Wheeler:  Your explanation of the hand controls makes it more feasible to me. I'm not sure I'd know how to drive it in a tight spot any better than he did. We all know the beauty of big engines that produce lots of torque "immediately", but I can see where that could have a downside as well.  Ultimately, you know this guy alot better than any of us ever will. If you believe him, that's all that matters. That doesn't obviate his (and his insurance company's) responsibility to make it right.

The hand controls are not as difficult to work with as you may think. Six of my seven cars and trucks have them. I have been taking cars in for repairs for 28 years, and
all of these cars have them. It is much easier to use your feet than use the hand controls, most people are scared to use them, but I have to, I have no choice.

Dan

Yeah, if he didn't know what he was doing the wise move would've been to exercise more caution than usual. Put on some clean rubber gloves and push the car where you want it, don't drive/wreck it. Have the owner test drive it if necessary.

8WHEELER

It just had to happen to this car, this car has been a challenge at every turn, and at three different shops.

Heck my 24 year old handicapped minivan has hand controls and no divers seat, because I drive it
from my wheelchair, and they have never evan dented that, and its been in the shop tons of times.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

resq302

Hopefully it is smooth sailing from her on out for ya!   :cheers:  Yeh, sometimes these cars can throw a major wrench back at you sometimes even though you are trying to take care of it.  I know our GTX vert has had some bumps in the road almost like it is fighting us sometimes tooth and nail but in the end it will be just as nice as new.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bull

Quote from: 8WHEELER on December 14, 2014, 04:29:56 PM
It just had to happen to this car, this car has been a challenge at every turn, and at three different shops.

Dan

Mine too. I swear there wasn't single phase of my restoration that wasn't a tooth and nail fight. Additionally there were only 2-3 vendors I dealt with out of the whole lot that produced a trouble-free experience with genuine customer service.