News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I had this back for one month, one car show, then this, update 12/8/14

Started by 8WHEELER, June 26, 2014, 09:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

Also, for insurance purposes, you might want to report the "accident". Most police agencies have a form that allows for such an event. Also, no matter how bad this fellow feels now, he'll likely backpedal when he realizes what fixing your car is really going to cost. I hope this goes smoothly for you, but I'd be prepared for a fight from either him or his insurance company. It's unlikely that they will want to pay what it takes to fix it correctly.

8WHEELER

Quote from: lloyd3 on June 26, 2014, 11:28:11 PM
Also, for insurance purposes, you might want to report the "accident". Most police agencies have a form that allows for such an event. Also, no matter how bad this fellow feels now, he'll likely backpedal when he realizes what fixing you car is really going to cost. I hope this goes smoothly for you, but I'd be prepared for a fight from either him or his insurance company. It's unlikely that they will want to pay what it takes to fix it correctly.

I appreciate your concern and advice. And I do understand just what you mean. I talked to the shop that painted my red 68 today, his advice was to
bring it to his shop ASAP, and also get my insurance involved. He knows the State Farm adjusters in this area, and that is who I go through. He also says
I should just pay my $100.00 deductable and get the car done right through my company ''and I have done this before and it worked great'' then let State Farm get there
money from his company. This way my ass is covered, and your right, evan though he loves my car and was very impressed with it, I don't think he
knows how much it costs for NOS parts, and evan just finding good parts these days.

By the way, he also thinks there might be frame damage as well   :shruggy:  and this took place in the shop, within 30 feet  :shruggy:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

lloyd3

Look, I don't think you're getting anywhere near the truth of what happened. He's already highly suspect in my book, and I'd guess it will only get worse from here. Expect a fight, plan accordingly. It's a damn shame but the story of your car is still unfolding. Hopefully, you can tell your grandkids all about it with a happy ending.

RallyeMike

Aw crap Dan. Sorry to see that. I was just drooling over the car earlier this month.

As far as getting the truth..... who cares? Somehow they crashed it and they seem to be taking the financial responsibility. Now its just the crappy process of battling with either or both insurance companies. Better to focus on that battle then worrying if the crash story is true or not. Either way, you're never going back there I assume.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

8WHEELER

Quote from: RallyeMike on June 27, 2014, 12:17:06 AM
Aw crap Dan. Sorry to see that. I was just drooling over the car earlier this month.

As far as getting the truth..... who cares? Somehow they crashed it and they seem to be taking the financial responsibility. Now its just the crappy process of battling with either or both insurance companies. Better to focus on that battle then worrying if the crash story is true or not. Either way, you're never going back there I assume.

Hey thanks Mike. I am sorry I did not get to talk to you that day, I have only been able to go to two car shows in the last two years. Heck
I was talking to guys I had not seen in 15, years it was crazy. My plan was to park the two cars an head over to the swap meet by 8:30, well
that fell through, I got to the swap meet at three. So half of the people were gone, and the other half were packing up. But it was worth the
last second trip, I scored a nice set of four rallye wheels with almost new radial TA's for $300.00, he was asking much more, so getting there
late worked for me for that, they are on my 74 Dart sport now.

I hope things are going well with you  :yesnod:  we really missed our little TK that day for sure.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Rosco

God-diggity-dammit...
That's just.... yeah...

As others have said, get your insurance involved, get all documentation you hav about the work that's gone into the car, in case the guy, or his insurance, try to cheap out when they realise the mega-dollars in fixing it.
"Hope for the best, prepare for the worst."

Hope it all works out OK for you, man...
"She needs premium, Dude! PREMIUM!!"

Dreamcar

So sorry to see that...i really hope they cooperate with you on this. I have a difficult time believing that it was the SUV they hit given the lack of apparent damage.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Oh no Dan!   Unbelievable.  :rotz:

I hope you get her fixed soon :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Tilar

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 26, 2014, 10:26:19 PM
Bummer, I'd be wanting to kill somebody.

You and me both. Kill him and tell God he died.  

Man that really sucks.   :pity:   I'm not sure I buy the whole story that he hit the back of that truck, but by the marks on the center of your bumper it looks like he could have hit it straight on the hitch receiver which would take the blunt of the force but that said I would think the truck would have more damage than it shows.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

1965gp

As others have said this blows and my stomach turned when I saw the pic.

I've seen big damage at slow speed but this doesn't make sense. Doesn't seem that the bumper of the SUV would line up with the impact.

I agree on cops and insurance- then get the car out of their hands.

Cooter

This is EXACTLY why I learned to do my own work. Too many that just don't think when it comes to these cars. I've heard statements before made "that's what insurance is for". Shouldn't have needed ind urbane in the first place. No excuse for this. Gas pedal/foot stuck my ass. He nailed it, thought he'd show off and dumped it. Plain and simple. Where he made his mistake was he shoulda been on pins and needles with a car of that caliber. Shoulda been treating it with kid gloves. Instead, these types see someone's car and think they got money. I'll never have something like this, so I'll live through him. Only problem is when you don't know the car and you decide to do this, you end up here.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Dino

That's sickening.  I hope this ordeal get's straightened out soon.

I've worked in body shops and accidents do happen.  No way in hell your car hit that suv though.  One of the paint chips just conveniently made it over there.  But it's a moot point as long as they pay for the repair.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

I agree, you need to get your insurance company involved.  That is sickening.

bill440rt

And yes, definitely get a police report. Do not wait. File it TODAY.
The other vehicle (IF it was involved), would have to be included on the police report as well. I wonder if the owner of that vehicle was told anything?   :shruggy:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

tan top

Quote from: bill440rt on June 27, 2014, 06:40:01 AM
And yes, definitely get a police report. Do not wait. File it TODAY.
The other vehicle (IF it was involved), would have to be included on the police report as well. I wonder if the owner of that vehicle was told anything?   :shruggy:

:yesnod:

noooooooooo ,  awwwww shit not good , sorry to see/hear this !  ,  :flame: :fireangry: :mad: :pullinghair: :brickwall: :RantExplode:  , not wanting to stir anything ,   don't look like what he hit to me ,  :Twocents: IMO  

hope you get it sorted soon  :cheers:

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 26, 2014, 10:26:19 PM
Bummer, I'd be wanting to kill somebody. I bet they were out joy riding. I've worked at many body shops where they would take Customers cars out for joyrides, I could tell you some stories. LEON.

yes ive seen some stuff over the years !  & stories I could tell too  :rotz:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

RECHRGD

Crap Dan!!  So sorry this happened.  You've been through so much to get that car done right and then some shop jerk off does this to it. :brickwall:  I'm with the others, in that, this was a joyride thing.  I still get pissed when thinking back to my last tranny shop fix, when they added 70+ miles to my odometer on the "test drive".....  Hang in there Buddy!
13.53 @ 105.32

firefighter3931

Geez Dan, really sorry to see this mess. Of course it now falls onto you to clean it up and do all the paperwork.  :P

That is a beautiful car and i'm sure it will be made whole again.  :yesnod:

Let your body shop do it's thing and try not to stress too much about it. I know, easier said than done but it just not worth killing yourself over. The car will get fixed properly....that i'm sure you will see to !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

bakerhillpins

:o  Aw s**t.  That's just unbelievable.  :'(  I can't imagine the emotional trip your on right now. I will second all of the folks suggesting pulling it to the body shop and getting the work done via your insurance and let them go after the shop. Just be absolutely sure you have some written proof of them taking responsibility before you send your insurance off to the races. Don't ask how I know this.

It looks like the charger bumper went under the bumper on the truck and all the impact was placed right on the corner of the car pushing body metal back rather than on the frame.  I wonder about the placement and path of the vehicles since they both have damage on the drivers side. If he was going into the stall next to the truck I would expect driver on one, passenger damage on the other.

No sides one way or the other but if he panicked and stomped down and caught the brakes and the gas I can totally see that much damage. All that torque and so little grip it would lurch forward.

If the shop is big enough does it have security camera footage of the incident?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

nvrbdn

dang, im sick also. just seen this and its really upsetting. what a stunning car you have.

i have state farm also. they are great at going after the other guys. my son was driving his just restored firebird for the first trip down the road when a guy pulls off the road to the right and attempts to  do a u turn pulling straight back out into the road hitting him in the front pass side. the other insurance company tried to low ball us when state farm said they wanted me to take a back seat and they were getting their lawyer involved in the case. the other company complained that it was them and me, and not state farms lawyer involved. i told them that i was sorry, but they insured my car and wanted to handle the recovery of funds. they paid imediately after getting that call.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ghoste

And if the driver did legitimately just panic then he wasn't qualified to be driving it in the first place.  We're talking about a stock automobile here not a blown monster mill.  In which case its still the shops fault.

bakerhillpins

WRT the panic statement. The way I look at it the guy is driving around in a car that he realizes it "valuable" and "significant" to the owner, more so than just the guys transportation. It makes him more "aware" (looking for a better word here but no luck). He got nervous about something that happened and jammed the brake, and unfortunately the gas too.  Don't know about you but I can't say that has never happened to me.  :shruggy:  Just didn't have the same end result.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

70 sublime

Ouch  and I thought my car hated me

Still not sure how they could have hit the back corner of the truck unless the car was going sideways when it happened
If it hit from behind it should be opposite side of car or truck
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Mytur Binsdirti

Everybody's worst nightmare. That's horrible. I hope that you can get satisfaction from them.

comet_666

I would have choked the guy, seriously would not have been able to help it.
Get your insurance involved , maybe get a lawyer, but take it where you want to repair it, it will go much smoother this time around seeing as there should be upfront $ from the insurance.
Don't skimp, whole car will probably need to be repainted to make it perfect like it was.

Ghoste

I think I would have gone off the deep end too.  It just makes things worse though.