News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dash cap or pad?

Started by comet_666, June 25, 2014, 09:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

comet_666

I assume the more expensive one is the entire piece, but how does the cap look?

http://www.dantesparts.com/dashcap.html

fy469rtse

Dash pad new, the caps are junk , bad fit look , sag etc

Ghoste

X2, the cap will look like a bulky band aid solution, get the pad.

Cooter

For the E body, I decided to go with a cap. $800.00 is just too much in a dash pad. Fits ok. You gotta work at it.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

fy469rtse

E body , you could get away with it, and also the plus is your skill level cooter,  :2thumbs:

Hard Charger

its a budget thing. a cap looks better than a beat up dash.

I always changed to a new dash myself.

NHCharger

I have a cap on my 72 Charger- just a driver, don't intend to win any shows. Other two I opted to go with a new pad.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

VegasCharger

I would go with a pad and try to recoup $$$ somewhere else on your project.
Just my  :Twocents:

AZMoparboy

I also have a cap on my 73 driver charger, the bang for the buck, I liked it and so far I have two trophies. Their not first place trophies but I didn't build this car to win trophies. Good luck

polywideblock

had a dash cap in the charger when I got it , looked great from drivers seat but when you got out and looked through windscreen you could see gaps /bludges on front edge  looked terrible so I got a new dash pad   :yesnod:   

save the aggravation and second expense and save for a dash pad, do it once and do it right  :Twocents:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

AKcharger

Mines cap is fine, maybe when I have 600-800 to burn I'll get my core redone, until then....

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,35447.0.html

ODZKing

Depends on how picky you are.  I have a friend who had a cap on his.  I say had because he has since redone the car and put a new pad on.
Whoever did the cap did a nice job and at quick glance, you couldn't tell.  Upon further inspection hwever you could see the ends and where it meets.  I decided (on the 73) that it wasn't worth the money and went with a pad.
I went with Carolina Super Dash. http://nozgraphics.com/restoration/superior.html

randy73

Quote from: Cooter on June 25, 2014, 06:20:23 PM
For the E body, I decided to go with a cap. $800.00 is just too much in a dash pad. Fits ok. You gotta work at it.

Got mine redone from a place in Texas for $545 + shipping ($80). Did a great job, took about a month though. That was 2 years ago for my 70 Cuda.

Sorry, originally had 345. Can't read my own writing.

ODZKing

B body dash pad was $410 plus shipping. Not $800, that is for an E body.