News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What are the differences? Third Gen rear quarters

Started by 64dartgt, June 19, 2014, 09:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

64dartgt

So, AMD sells rear quarters and patch panels for the 71.  And rear patch panels for the 72.  But @#$ all for the 73-74.   :shruggy:

Obviously the 71's have the recessed indicator, but are there really any differences for patch panel use besides that?  I don't need to go up past the body line in the panel for my car.  Is the 72 different from the 71?  Some ebay photos seems to indicate that.

Can someone who has both or has had both chime in?   

Thanks,

Bob

Charger74

Body lines are a bit different between the years from my understanding.   Tabco is about the only company that does quarters fro 73-74.

http://tabcobodyparts.com/

Supposedly pretty good metal from what I have heard.

64dartgt

Thanks for the reply.  I sent AMD an email for kicks.  I only need about 8 inches of panel so I hate to drop $700 on quarters.  I may just make my own, but my worry is that I will end up with a lot more glass in them than if I can get a good patch panel.

Charger74

Goodmark Industries has full skins but they also have patch panels if you are looking to go that route

Mike DC

"Good" and "patch panel" don't go together very much in this hobby. 

Charger74

ODZKing

The doors were different 72 to 73 I believe.  Which would mean the front part is different and the wheel opening is a bit different shape. From the back of the wheel opening they are the same 72-4.
Auto Body Specialties also has patch panels 71-74 behind the wheel opening. Which my guess is what you need because that is where they usually rot.
http://www.autobodyspecialt.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=6076
(* note, the picture doesn't look right though.)

64dartgt

The AMD tech line guys told me the marker light change was after 72... I replied st they needed to get a clue as it was afte 71 and  that ghey were losing customers!

gschmidt211

Wheel well openings for 71-72 may be different that 73-74.  I know the front fenders wheel wells are wider than 71-72.  I talked to AMD just today.  They seem to be pretty aware that the marker light changes after 1971.  They have stopped producing 1972 quarters and only have 71 quarters to sell.  They follow that up with "all you have to do is change the marker lights".

Something about spending $600 on perfectly good quarters to cut them up for a marker light seems a waste to me.
1972 Charger Rallye
2014 Ram Outdoorsman 3.6L 4x2
1978 D100 Utiline Standard Cab