News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

oil on my intake

Started by willy, July 11, 2009, 08:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willy

I am getting a little bit of oil around the intake bolt above the #6 cylinder. Where is it comming from and how do i fix it? My motor is a 1968 440 4 barrel with a mild cam in a 1968 charger r/t Thanks, Willy

b5blue

Intake bolts need sealant on the treads or oil will work its way up from the valley if it's just one just do that one bolt. Check the top of your valley pan buy stuffing a rag in the backside to see if its getting there to. (this happened to me also)

willy

Thanks b5blue for the information. What type of sealer is the best to use for this? Also I checked the pan and I don't have any oil on it. Thanks again, Willy

b5blue

Hey Willy thank Ron (Firefighter) he's the one that warned me when I was struggling with my six pack (check out "my sick pack 440" topic). I just used a tiny bit of RTV after cleaning it up but Permatex #2 may be a better choice (like on exhaust studs since they go into the water jacket). Are you using intake gaskets above and below the valley pan?

willy

I'm not sure about the gaskets above and below since I didn't do the engin re-build it was done before I bought the car. I'm going to try the Permatex #2 and will post the results, Thanks again Willy

Johnnys440Charger

Just happened to me. 

Dino

I used to have that issue.  I then installed a valley pan with crossover block and used Permatex ultra copper all around and on the rails.  Nothing has come through since.  Amazing stuff.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ACUDANUT