News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Leaking calipers

Started by Sconni, June 04, 2014, 03:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sconni

I am having problems with the front brakes on my 1969 Charger. According to my Broadcast Sheet I have the front disc option package. The right front caliper was leaking so my mechanic put on a new caliper and it is leaking again.  I took it to a new mechanic and he is unsure of what to do.  Any thoughts on what could be causing these leaks?

hemi68charger

Where is it leaking from? The Bendix calipers for the B-bodies are comprised of two halves. The halves have two fluid passage orifices, each sealed by a o-ring. The other areas of leaks are the piston seals and/or exterior boot seal. Another place could be the transfer steel line that feeds the opposite side of the caliper. Finally, there's the rubber flexible hose that goes from the frame rail to the caliper. Can you clean the caliper with some brake cleaner and when the wet area of the leak starts to show up, take a picture and post. I just got through rebuilding my calipers and installing them along with bleeding.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection