News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird nosecone

Started by Nwcharger, June 19, 2014, 12:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nwcharger

Ill be bringing it to Carlisle to sell along with a repo Daytona rear glass. Thats about all the aero parts i have to sell. Putting a 4500 tag on it but open to offers. Spot r12. Travling most the country too so if your in my travel area i could deliver too. Also have a v code 4 speed superbee shell that will be there.
1969 coronet wagon

Redbird

Hemi Runner, very nice group of all steel pieces.

My point was: that $10-12K for a NOS cone is pretty much in line, maybe more.

If I was buying a car, and I am not, would I discount my offer if it was a reproduction cone shell? Certainly! By at least $6-8K. Much more if the guts were reproductions.

There are plenty of other things to discount a car for that might be more, but a reproduction cone is one of them too.

I have some experience here, I looked for about 20 years to find 1 unrusted, unbent z-bracket one of my cars was missing. To me the cone is a big part of the car, if you have to use reproduction parts, so be it, but they are not original, they cost less, and they will never be original.

As to the subject cone, I have no where any of the skills to bring it back. I don't think I'd ever attempt it because I could not afford to even ask the right questions on how to get it fixed.

Redbird

I was at the Back to the 50's car show in St. Paul last weekend. Over 10,000 cars, lots of great ones. There was a Chrysler 300F, beautiful car, well detailed, well presented, the owner had driven it up from Chicago so it could be driven. The hood was up and on the passenger side radiator brace were a bunch of shims, past accident, never straightened out right. I didn't like the car any less for that, and I'd love to own it or drive it, but your eyes went straight to one place under the hood.

fastmark

I have heard that is or was a guy making repop noses that would repair damages ones. I have a nose that is damaged but not nearly as bad as what the one in the picture. Where would be a good source to have it repaired? It would need to be put on a jig to straighten it I'm sure. I have a new one on mine and all in paint so I would not want it trial fitted on my car.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: fastmark on July 03, 2014, 08:14:19 PM
I have heard that is or was a guy making repop noses that would repair damages ones. I have a nose that is damaged but not nearly as bad as what the one in the picture. Where would be a good source to have it repaired? It would need to be put on a jig to straighten it I'm sure. I have a new one on mine and all in paint so I would not want it trial fitted on my car.

You may be thinking of Jack McGaughey, he passed away last year, Jack fabricated Daytona/Superbird cones in steel, as well as repairing original cones

fastmark

Doc1, Your PM mailbox is full!