News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird nosecone

Started by Nwcharger, June 19, 2014, 12:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nwcharger

I have an original bird nose I'm gonna take to Carlisle to sell. I was wondering what would be a fare price to ask? Its fairly straight and not rusty. Its just the nose.  :2thumbs:
1969 coronet wagon

Aero426

What does "fairly straight" mean?    Not trying to be rude.   

Nwcharger

Quote from: Aero426 on June 19, 2014, 12:40:40 PM
What does "fairly straight" mean?    Not trying to be rude.   

It has a few dings here and there but has no filler and doesn't appear to have been wrecked and straightened before. I can post a couple pics tonight. 
1969 coronet wagon

Aero426

:2thumbs:

If it is in good condition, it should not be hard to sell.

mopar4ya

Do you have some pictures you could post ?

Nwcharger

pics
1969 coronet wagon

Nwcharger

pics
1969 coronet wagon

Nwcharger

last ones.
1969 coronet wagon

chargerman69

I want it bet can't spend the money, I bet the lady that wrecked the front of a orange one last year still needs one   
http://moparblog.com/tag/wrecks/

daytonalo

Nice ! I would hate to see a fairly dented one !

69HemiBee

Supercar Restorations is a fully equipped facility specializing in Chrysler Corporation automobiles. We also carry an extensive line of parts. Contact me at hek@supercarrestorations.com if you have any questions. Thank you.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: chargerman69 on June 22, 2014, 09:53:12 PM
I want it bet can't spend the money, I bet the lady that wrecked the front of a orange one last year still needs one   
http://moparblog.com/tag/wrecks/

She is interested & I hope that I can get her & the seller to agree on a price.   :2thumbs:

PM to the seller has been sent.

Hemi Runner

I offered her my Gene Gregory repop for what I paid for it and never heard back. I figured they were holding out for an original, although I'm not sure how you'd tell a repop from an original.

RallyeMike

QuoteNice ! I would hate to see a fairly dented one !

"Fairly straight" is in the eye of the beholder. Especially compared to a certain Daytona.  :icon_smile_big:

It looks plenty fixable. Considering how many real nose cones are currently available, its a gem.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

FJ5WING

Quote from: Hemi Runner on June 23, 2014, 05:42:28 PM
I offered her my Gene Gregory repop for what I paid for it and never heard back. I figured they were holding out for an original, although I'm not sure how you'd tell a repop from an original.

sheesh!
How hard is it to acknowledge someone for an offer even if you decline? This why I sit on most of my stuff, but something pushed me to reach out recently to someones parts wanted request.
wingless now, but still around.

Mopar John

Quote from: FJ5WING on June 24, 2014, 12:33:49 PM

sheesh!
How hard is it to acknowledge someone for an offer even if you decline? This why I sit on most of my stuff, but something pushed me to reach out recently to someones parts wanted request.
FJ5WING,
I hope that you had a happy result in reaching out to help that person!
Now days you have to dig out the part and send a reply with a description and picture and price.
If you get a response then you have to box it and calculate shipping.
If you don't get a reply after all that it makes you not want to do it again and again!
MJ

XS29J

Quote from: Mopar John on June 24, 2014, 05:40:20 PM
Quote from: FJ5WING on June 24, 2014, 12:33:49 PM

sheesh!
FJ5WING,
I hope that you had a happy result in reaching out to help that person!
Now days you have to dig out the part and send a reply with a description and picture and price.
If you get a response then you have to box it and calculate shipping.
If you don't get a reply after all that it makes you not want to do it again and again!
MJ

You forgot the rest::::::

you get paid with PAYPAL then the buyer says:

it never showed up
was not as you described
is not perfect
has a chip
was damaged in shipping and it is your fault

files a grievance with PAYPAL and Money is froze or removed from your acct.

NOW he bargains: 

offers less
will not pay to return item
sends back totally different item than what you sent(this has happened twice)
stalls forever until you basically give up and take the shipping amount for the item

CONCLUSSION

NO PAYPAL!!!
Don't sell items unless Postal Money order
Don't ship most pick up
SAD SAD SAD but that's what it has come to...

PrisonHack

I won't even get started on my hatred for Paypal

FJ5WING

WOW!

You guys are making me glad Im not much of a seller.
Unfortunately I am going to have to begin selling because Ive got way more stuff including an entire car that wont all fit into the home garage. :P

Nwcharger

The main reason I'm considering selling the bird nose is to fund an original Daytona nose. Anyone know where to find one? Still don't know what to ask for the nose. Was thinking 2-4k but have no idea. Any thoughts? :2thumbs:
1969 coronet wagon

FJ5WING

If the owner of the wrecked orange bird is looking for an original nose youre in the drivers seat and think the high end of youre range. pull the trigger and take it to Carlisle so both parties can save on shipping.
If the buyer is seemingly hesitant Im not sure they really want an original part.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Nwcharger on June 27, 2014, 09:34:25 AM
The main reason I'm considering selling the bird nose is to fund an original Daytona nose. Anyone know where to find one? Still don't know what to ask for the nose. Was thinking 2-4k but have no idea. Any thoughts? :2thumbs:

IMHO it's pretty beat, but all there, and not blown out rust wise, but I've seen a hell of lot worse sell for some serious coin, I'd start at $4800 and let them beat you up a little on price, bottom line I'd let it go would be $3800 to $4200 depending on how bad I need the cash, Sure a Gean Gregory "new" nose is approx. $5-6K depending on his mood that day, but some people are obsessed with having original sheetmetal, regardless of the cost to fix it, that nose is a hammer/dolly nightmare for the body guy that has to straighten it, never mind the amount of final blockings when it gets to the primer stages, I've had people bring me nosecones in the past far worse than this, and tell me they layed out $4-$5K because there's not much out there for original sheetmetal that's "affordable" and in somewhat salvageable condition, if your in no rush to move it, then hold out for that desperate buyer with cash,....mark it up to $6K, or do the work it needs, then you'll have a $10K piece, but it can't be a bondo bucket to get that kind of coin, pick/hammer/dolly all the way, but if the short dollar is your choice then do as I mentioned above

Mike

Redbird

I think what this shows is that the NOS cones listed or sold for $10K to $12K are a pretty fair deal considering what the condition/price of the topic of this thread is. The best thing here seems to be lack of rust.

I think I could tell a Gregory or McGaughey reproduction cone by looking at the top back piece.

nascarxx29

John board member GOTWING had a spare repairable nose he had for sale but no decent offers when it was on facebbok .After getting a nos one
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Hemi Runner

Quote from: Redbird on June 27, 2014, 06:52:45 PM
I think what this shows is that the NOS cones listed or sold for $10K to $12K are a pretty fair deal considering what the condition/price of the topic of this thread is. The best thing here seems to be lack of rust.

I think I could tell a Gregory or McGaughey reproduction cone by looking at the top back piece.

I'm not so sure. Maybe off the car and up close. I think once it's painted and mounted, it'd be very hard to tell. My repop was 5K and I'm betting it'd save thousands in hammer and dolly work and might translate into a better overall finished product.