News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

daytona car trailer

Started by Street Teacher, June 19, 2014, 03:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Street Teacher

Will a daytona fit on a 18 ft car trailer?9?

Ghoste

r4daytona

If I remember measuring my car is was 19 feet.  I could be wrong, (going off memory) but I would think if it did fit in an 18' there wouldn't be much room for movement.

WINGMAN

Mine did, but Daytonas will hang ovet the back a bit. If you have a guard in the front you will need to be back even more. :Twocents:  Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

FJ5WING

open or enclosed?

Don't see how a 19+' car will fit in a 18' box?
wingless now, but still around.

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Street Teacher on June 19, 2014, 03:12:39 AM
Will a daytona fit on a 18 ft car trailer?9?

Depending on the trailer, it'll be tight either way, front or back, but the biggest problem with trailering a wingcar, esp on an open short trailer is at speed on the highway the rear wing downforce will unload your tongue weight causing the trailer to fish tail at speeds over 50-60 mph...DAMHIK

FJMG

Easy fix Dayclona, just tilt your wing drastically up in the front, might give enough uplift to weight the hitch! :icon_smile_big:

Aero426

18 foot open trailer is no problem at all.      

None of the two other guys I tow with, or myself have ever experienced a tongue weight problem with the wing.   I suppose it could slightly compress the rear suspension of the car on the trailer with a lot of speed and wing angle.    But your static engine weight up front isn't going anywhere.    

69charger2002

I towed mine a few times on an 16' open when  i bought it.  :yesnod:  it did fine. I still have the 16' but also a 20' trailer now

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

daytonalo

yes a mini mouse 16 ft trailer would haul it but who in the right mind would want half of the net worth of a Daytona hanging over in direct collision course of a silver hair  in a Buick ??? MIN 20 ft .......... Spend years and big money to build a clone or your first communion money on a real one and they settle for mickey mouse trailer , I never understood that .

Aero426

Hear ya.  But either way, if they hit the trailer, you likely still have some big problems on your hands.

daytonalo

3 foot hanging off is a recipe for a cluster fuck !!! On my 32 ft Skater trailer we use a crash guard to keep the silver hairs from wiping out my outboards !!

Daytona Guy

My trailer is 16ft - I added a removable 30" to protect the back of the car. My wing was tilted to show off the "extrusion" like craftsmanship :) and I never felt the difference - I hit speeds of 85 on my way to HON - I was drafting my Sub :)

pictures upload