News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MARC IRVIN NEEDS YOUR HELP WITH HIS WING CAR MOVIE

Started by daytonalo, June 02, 2014, 10:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Hire Sarah McLachlan.   I can envision a tear jerker fund raising video of sad and abused wing cars.    Sarah says, "Won't you help?"   :D

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: Aero426 on June 03, 2014, 10:25:47 AM
Hire Sarah McLachlan.   I can envision a tear jerker fund raising video of sad and abused wing cars.    Sarah says, "Won't you help?"   :D

NICE!   :notworthy: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

"They need your help"
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

hemigeno

Ghoste

69_500

odcics2

Quote from: daytonalo on June 02, 2014, 10:24:52 PM
MARC IRVIN SENT THIS TO ME AND I KNOW YOUR WILLING TO HELP !
Larry

With what? A new script? 
Almost everything pertinent to the real story is in the Supercars book.    :Twocents:
I think there would be a LOT more interest in a documentary, rather than a fictional story, loosely based on events back in the day...   :Twocents:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

held1823

Quote from: odcics2 on June 03, 2014, 07:48:03 PM
Quote from: daytonalo on June 02, 2014, 10:24:52 PM
MARC IRVIN SENT THIS TO ME AND I KNOW YOUR WILLING TO HELP !
Larry

With what? A new script? 
Almost everything pertinent to the real story is in the Supercars book.    :Twocents:
I think there would be a LOT more interest in a documentary, rather than a fictional story, loosely based on events back in the day...   :Twocents:

x2
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Ghoste

I don't know, depending how fictional there is probably room for both.  As long as the fictional isn't trying to loosely portray actual events I'm all for a great race story featuring the aero cars.  But I don't much care for a fictionalmentary.  One or the other and ideally both?

Marc Irvin

Winged Warriors the movie is the story of a small group of engineers (grass roots engineers) that keep trying to win with the new charger body, but cant seem to pull it off until a couple of aerospace engineers get involved. They story surrounds Larry and George and what they had to do to get a car to Talledega's inaugural race, in 1969, and hopefully win. The real charm here is the fact that we are dealing with quite different personalities, the eye glass wearing pocket protector types (you now who you are!) and the hyper technical aerospace engineers mixed with the drivers ( rough, fearless and proud of it ) We plan on building at least 10 cars, several of which will be remote controlled and have to be crashed, due to the script, NO cgi !!! So if you want to watch what it was really like back in 1969, please support our film, I think you will find a lot more fun than looking at old pictures in a book.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Marc Irvin on June 12, 2014, 01:07:55 AM
Winged Warriors the movie is the story of a small group of engineers (grass roots engineers) that keep trying to win with the new charger body, but cant seem to pull it off until a couple of aerospace engineers get involved. They story surrounds Larry and George and what they had to do to get a car to Talledega's inaugural race, in 1969, and hopefully win. The real charm here is the fact that we are dealing with quite different personalities, the eye glass wearing pocket protector types (you now who you are!) and the hyper technical aerospace engineers mixed with the drivers ( rough, fearless and proud of it ) We plan on building at least 10 cars, several of which will be remote controlled and have to be crashed, due to the script, NO cgi !!! So if you want to watch what it was really like back in 1969, please support our film, I think you will find a lot more fun than looking at old pictures in a book.

If you're in the Houston area, you can use my Daytona, soon to have a Hemi in it and dumps...... So, if you want loud Daytonas, mine will soon be there. Plus, you can shot a scene up at Texas World Speedway, in which a Daytona won the inaugural race in 1969
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

nascarxx29

Winged warrior clubs owns this prototype wind tunnel car development car.If you need reference material
http://wwnboa.org/tesc.htm
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Aero426

Mike DC

I didn't know that Richard Petty ever drive a Firebird. 

pettybird

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 26, 2014, 06:09:55 PM

I didn't know that Richard Petty ever drive a Firebird. 

well when we dropped by Level Cross for a visit in December '88 he WAS driving a Trans Am GTA in black with dark tint windows.  maybe they bought that car?

RallyeMike

The June 30 deadline is looking a little shakey.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/