News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ideas?

Started by Windsor, May 12, 2014, 10:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windsor

Dizzy came in today. Great looking, only thing I would say that needs to be checked is the heat shrink on the terminals. Ends on mine aren't completely shrunk down and would funnel any dirt/water that hit it onto the wires. I'm not worried about it though because will have to shorten the wires (dont like the bundled up look my application would have of I didn't), so I will solder and weatherproof the terminals.
A little warm today, so I will do the rewiring this evening.
A+ for being able to use cap from the old dizzy. And the extra height helped my plug wires clear my valve cover/breather better.
Ron, do you think powder coating the housing would have adverse effects on it? A little shiny for my eventual plan o blacking out the engine bay.
I'll give a review when the coil comes in and I get everything hooked up and timed.

Windsor

Got dizzy and coil hooked up and timed (as close as I could w/o a dial back light, 15 inHg and mostly smooth). Took it out for a drive. I can't say I'm satisfied with it. I'm more like freshman dweeb going to prom with the slutty senior head chearleader happy.
No more hesitation at wot from any throttle position, throttle response has improved across the board. The extra height helped with a clearance issue I was having with my plug wires. Now I just need to save up for a set of the plug wires.
If anyone has any thoughts about doing the swap, I have no problem being the voice in your head telling you to make our wallet a little thinner. DO IT.

firefighter3931

Cool....sounds like it's running much better  :2thumbs:

Not sure how a powdercoat job would affect grounding....i would say anodizing the housing would be a safer bet.  :scratchchin:

Have you ohm tested the current wireset ? 

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Windsor

They ohm out to ~300/FT. A little on the high side, but uniform between all the wires. They are the Jegs Power wires. What I was thinking on the coating was to powder coat the housing while leaving the base uncoated. Just don't know how it would effect heat dissipation.

c00nhunterjoe

Glad its running better. What are you "not completely satisfied with"? I love the analogy....lol.
As to plug wires, ive had good luck with the msd 8.5 super conductors. They are 50/ft and mildly priced. The moroso ultra 40's are nice, 40/ft, but a bit salty. And ive heard nothing but good things about the firecore wires, also 50/ft, but ive never personally used them.