News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trouble Removing Grille, visual refs included...

Started by Moparman01, June 16, 2014, 03:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparman01

Yup, i know there is a huge date base of Grille questions and i have read thru tons of them but i'm still not getting it! Bare with me, this is my first resto project, but i will admit i've already learned a ton about how these cars were put together. Anyways, i can't seem to get my grille out, it's loose but just won't budge from it's home between the front fenders. Here's what i've done....

Front valance and bumper are off the car!

I've removed these 4 bolts, 2 on each side...

Next i removed these 4 bolts, 2 on each side, from the front fenders...

I've also undone the screw that holds the frame to the center of the core support and all wiring and hoses are out of the way. So what am i missing?? I want to take it all out as one complete unit them go from there on the restoration of the grille. The novice is scratching his head LOL, thanks for any help!

JamieZ

Moparman01

Thanks!! Must be the 4 inside the wheel well i have not found yet! That should help, i will try it later tonight!!

Moparman01

Ok that did the trick, grille is completely loose and ready to come out, but i have determined that the front bumper side brackets have to come off, can't get the grille up and over them.

fy469rtse

good job, your taking lots of photo's and saving them , if not start now , it will be awhile before these parts go back in  :2thumbs: