News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Started my 69 charger nose restoration. :DONE:

Started by keith88, June 22, 2014, 07:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keith88

I have started my nose restoration on my charger. It consist of a new bumper grill repaint, and the narrow push bar from the general lee. So far its all apart, push bar painted bumper brackets painted  and i have started the grill. Grill needed a little attention and its had some before, its fixed and silver paint part is done. Here's some shots so far.

1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

Ghoste

Wow, the organisol on the grille looks great.

johnnycharger

Dang! What kind of silver paint is that?

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

six-tee-nine

Did you paint the grill trim also?
Wont be easy to clean these i guess.

just a tip, with a bright color as red make sure to paint the rad support and maybe even the radiator flat black.
That will make the look trough the grill so much nicer.
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

keith88

The trim was already painted on mine not sure if they came that way or some past owner did it. How ever i don't have the cash to buy new and i couldn't take it off seeing that some of the studs spun with the nut. The paint is Rustoleum nickel satin metallic. As for painting behind the grill i do intended to do that.
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

keith88

Update on the grill the black is painted now starting to look like it should. Also a picture of the new bumper and brackets for it (takes a rotten picture in my basement lot shiner than it looks) and a shot of the push bar ready to go.

Patronus

Interesting seeing the front bright work painted silver to match. I don't recall ever seeing that before. Looks pretty good.  :2thumbs:
Are you going to detail the grille surrounds silver? I believe the initial 1/4" of plastic around each "hole" is silver..
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

keith88

Yes... that has already been started since the picture.

Ghoste

The Rustoleum duplicates the Organisol very well by the look of the photo.

Back N Black

Nice work! are you turning her into a GL?

keith88

Not really, not doing the decals on it but i do like the look of the rest of it. :2thumbs:

keith88

The grill its self is almost done now will be putting it back together in a day or so.

keith88

The grill paint is now done, i was able to tape off and paint the trim pieces a bright silver looks almost like polished. On the way home tomorrow i will pick up a couple screws for the new arrow emblem for the headlight door than start reassembling everything back together.  I was also able to paint flat black for behind where the grill will be so it looks better.

69fourspd

When you get to it, any chance you could post a pic of how you mount the pushbar underneath? I want to add a pushbar, but the frame is painted base/clear and dont want to hack it too much.  looking for any ideas. Grill is looking good!  :2thumbs:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

keith88

Quote from: 69fourspd on June 26, 2014, 01:35:24 AM
When you get to it, any chance you could post a pic of how you mount the pushbar underneath? I want to add a pushbar, but the frame is painted base/clear and dont want to hack it too much.  looking for any ideas. Grill is looking good!  :2thumbs:

It is not attached from underneath it bolts on using two existing bumper bolts that go directly to the frame. They tell me that it is pretty solid, If I'm not happy i might come up with something to bolt it to the frame myself at the bottom.

keith88

The grill is now back in,have a few bolts left to install in that than the new bumper gets put on. Really like the new grill paint looks way better than when i 1st got it.  I also piked up a original arrow emblem for the headlight door, hard to find but it was missing when i got it.

keith88

Finished it up this morning Happy with the results. The 1st two are without the narrow general lee style push bar, and the rest ...well are with. Over all way nicer then when i got it!

Couple days after i got it.

keith88

By the way I am really happy with the push bar made by Smith Brothers Restoration it is really solid the way they designed it it is not going anywhere! No added attachment will be needed.

keith88

JB400

Ghoste

That turned out really well keith!  Good work.

hemi-hampton

jaak

keith88

Back on the ground after the Proportioning valve change and plumb the line for it , not bad for my 1st attempt. This job is done!