News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 charger bad camber driver side wheel

Started by texas charger 73, June 15, 2014, 02:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texas charger 73

my 73 charger has 75,000 original miles and it has a bad camber on the drivers side. I replaced the ball joints and upper bushings look good. is this normal problem? I know dodge don't have the best front ends in the 70's.  help please 
1973 dodge charger
mild 318
904 reverse manual vb
2 1/2" flowmasters
8.25 with 3:55
Sdh1120@yahoo.com
Plum crazy metallic

RallyeMike

I don't want to pass any basic assumptions, so you HAVE tried to adjust the upper control arm using the eccentric bolts located in the engine compartment? If that doesnt do it, you may have collision damage.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

b5blue

Many forget to check the strut rods and bushings also.

71 SE3834V

I have the same situation. New balljoints, upper and lower control arm bushings and the adjustments are all the way out. Took it up to the alignment shop and they said it would have to go to a frame shop to be pulled out.
I do have a hand sized rust hole in the inner fender below the battery tray of course! Tray was almost completely rusted out.
71 Charger SE 383 4V
72 Galaxie 500 400 2V

hemihead

Quote from: RallyeMike on June 16, 2014, 12:21:21 AM
I don't want to pass any basic assumptions, so you HAVE tried to adjust the upper control arm using the eccentric bolts located in the engine compartment? If that doesnt do it, you may have collision damage.

73's don't have the eccentrics . They have a Sliding Shaft Type of arrangement like a GM . 
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin