News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 charger vinyl top moulding removal

Started by texas charger 73, June 01, 2014, 08:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texas charger 73

I am not going back to a vinyl top and I need to remove the moulding. How hard is this? Don't want to damage it. What tools are required?
1973 dodge charger
mild 318
904 reverse manual vb
2 1/2" flowmasters
8.25 with 3:55
Sdh1120@yahoo.com
Plum crazy metallic

1973rallye

Full halo or canopy? I have removed both style mouldings, small screwdriver to start near windshield for halo as it's held on with plastic clips. Other sections around c pillar slide over spring stye clip so if you try to pry the moulding off thinking its held with plastic you will damage it. Corner sections either side of Dutchman panel are bolted on from inside trunk. When it's all removed you will be grinding off mounting pegs and welding at least four holes.  Good luck. Take your time as if it doesn't come off easy there is a good reason.
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker

texas charger 73

Thanks a tons.  Maybe I will go back with a vinyl top and just have someone install it. Sounds like a pain
1973 dodge charger
mild 318
904 reverse manual vb
2 1/2" flowmasters
8.25 with 3:55
Sdh1120@yahoo.com
Plum crazy metallic

Chargerrt340

I am trying to decide wether to keep mine or get rid of it to!
:brickwall:
73 charger, 318, auto, 2.73 rear, 

I like the lost old school hot rod guy, intimidating muscle car vibe...I drive it because I built it and I know its bad ass... the kind that makes a mans jaw drop and a women's panties wet when you drive by... the car that screams respect..... to be continued...

ODZKing

I think on the right car and right color they look great. Some better than others.
Many don't like the SE vinyl roof, I really do. On the other hand that Burn Notice Charger looks great in all black and no trim too. However trying to keep the SE louvers without the vinyl roof (to me) looks hideous.
Thing to do is find a 3rd gen with your color combo with and without.
Personally I like the vinyl halo roof. Especially when it is a contrast.  My  :Twocents:

VegasCharger

Quote from: ODZKing on June 10, 2014, 01:39:22 PM
I think on the right car and right color they look great. Some better than others.
Many don't like the SE vinyl roof, I really do. On the other hand that Burn Notice Charger looks great in all black and no trim too.
However trying to keep the SE louvers without the vinyl roof (to me) looks hideous.
Thing to do is find a 3rd gen with your color combo with and without.
Personally I like the vinyl halo roof. Especially when it is a contrast.  My  :Twocents:

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Then again you probably already knew that.