News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Autotrader commercial with duke boys

Started by chargerman69, June 09, 2014, 05:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaximRecoil

Quote from: bill440rt on June 10, 2014, 08:21:08 PM

Kinda looked like Enos (Sonny Shroyer) to me as well. He's aged quite a bit.  :scratchchin:

He looked and sounded nothing like Sonny Shroyer. I don't know who he was, but I'd bet the farm that it wasn't Shroyer.

DTB

Quote from: toocheaptosmoke on June 10, 2014, 07:32:48 PM
Quote from: DTB on June 10, 2014, 06:02:25 PM
I was curious about that too. Looks like they sported old mud grip tires. Lol

Look like General Grabber AT/2's (BFG A/T knockoff)

After reviewing the still shot I believe you are correct there.

TUFCAT

Quote from: MaximRecoil on June 10, 2014, 09:03:40 PM

Kinda looked like Enos (Sonny Shroyer) to me as well. He's aged quite a bit.  :scratchchin:

He looked and sounded nothing like Sonny Shroyer. I don't know who he was, but I'd bet the farm that it wasn't Shroyer.

He looked like he could be Sonny Shroyer to me. You've got to remember he's 78 YEARS OLD!  Luke called him Linus instead of Enos - I have no idea why.  :shruggy:

DTB

I first thought it was Enos but when you pause the video and look up close, I really don't think it is him after all.

Kern Dog

I saw one of the stunt/jump cars in April at Ted Mosers Picture Car Warehouse. The flag was on the roof.

MaximRecoil

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 10, 2014, 10:27:10 PM
Quote from: MaximRecoil on June 10, 2014, 09:03:40 PM

Kinda looked like Enos (Sonny Shroyer) to me as well. He's aged quite a bit.  :scratchchin:

He looked a lot like Sonny Shroyer to me. You've got to remember he's 78 YEARS OLD!  Luke called him Linus instead of Enos - I have no idea why.  :shruggy:

I know what Sonny Shroyer looks like recently, and I know what his voice sounds like recently, and that doesn't look or sound anything like him. Also, Luke called him "Lonnie", not "Linus". If Sonny Shroyer were in this commercial, why hasn't it been mentioned in any of the articles about it, or by any of the insiders who have posted about it, or on Shroyer's Facebook page? It would kind of be worth mentioning if another original DoH cast member were in the commercial aside from Wopat and Schneider, and if it had been Shroyer you'd think they would have given him more than a 2-second scene and 2 words to say.

CornDogsCharger

I was there during filming.  It is not Sonny Shroyer (Enos)

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

Kern Dog

Baldwinvette77

Think we'll start seeing Orange Vipers with 01's on them?, I mean, it is NOW an official vehicle of Bo & Luke, I'd Love to see viper owners get "you gonna paint orange?"  :lol:

TUFCAT

I watched it again and you guys are right - its not Sonny Shroyer. 

Captain D

I too echo what has already been stated...'excellent' work hands down on behalf of everyone involved in this new commercial!  :2thumbs: In fact, it seems that it ranks up to those type of commericials typically aired during the Super Bowl. Again, well done in the 'spirit' of the original TV series.

As a side note, I agree, no need to turn this thread into a 'Charger bashing' discussion. If it wasn't for Dukes,' my 69' Charger would be sitting in a field with a tree growing right in the middle of it. Anyhow,  I thought that it was cool that they used an original G.L. in some scenes to help keep the sense of 'originality' going, as well. As for the decals, they seemed to be from the 'Georgia' era with the 'O' thicker and situated higher up on the door.

In addition to an overall excellent commercial,  this project represented at least three points: 1.) With quality writing/storyline,  a possible 3rd Dukes' film would be highly interesting,  2.) It could succeed with no destruction of any 68-70 Chargers. And, 3.) This commercial proved that both John Schneider & Tom Wopat can still pack that strong sense of chemistry to the original characters that only they can bring to the Dukes of Hazzard.

'Many' thank yous' again to those whom helped to make this commercial possible!
Aaron

bill440rt

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 10, 2014, 11:51:23 PM
I watched it again and you guys are right - its not Sonny Shroyer. 

No, it's not. But he does "KIND OF" remind you of him.  :lol:    To the "common person" (i.e. average viewer), people may very well think it is.  :D

On that note, does anyone know who this mystery character really is?  :scratchchin:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Charger-Bodie

Maybe it is the same guy that played Lonnie in the episode where they help the troubled teen from the or fenage? I think his name was Lonnie.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Mike DC

I think you guys are overthinking this.

MaximRecoil

Quote from: Captain D on June 11, 2014, 12:47:41 AM
As for the decals, they seemed to be from the 'Georgia' era with the 'O' thicker and situated higher up on the door.

More like late California era, and in only some cases at that. Late California era is the only time you see the really fat ("fat" referring to the boldness/weight of the stroke) numbers. The height of situation on the door isn't era-specific; it was all over the board no matter which season you are watching. The numbers on the car(s) in this commercial are situated at a pretty typical height for any season though, which is with the upper left corner of the "0" just below, touching, or just above the body line on the driver side, and the upper right corner of the "1" just below, touching, or just above the body line on the passenger side.

The most typical numbers on the show are the medium weight ones that looked like this:

You'll see numbers that look like that in every single season (that particular screenshot is from season 6, episode 14, so late California era).

The main difference with the Georgia numbers (first 5 episodes of season 1) is that the corner angles of the inside cutout of the "0" are very short, making the inside cutout look almost like a rectangle rather than an octagon. You see a lot of this style of "0" these days because the Phoenix Graphix "0" is like that, which was used in the 2005 movie, and subsequently became very popular on fan-built GL replicas.

The biggest problem with the door numbers in this new commercial is that one of the 4 angles on each of the 2 "0"s is way off. The correct angle is 35 degrees. On the driver side, 3 of the corners are at roughly 35 degrees, while the lower right-hand corner is at a very steep ~50 degrees. The same thing is going on with the passenger side "0", except it is the upper left-hand corner that is at ~50 degrees. On the show, the angles were never perfectly consistent, because they were all either hand-painted or hand-cut from vinyl, but they never got them that far off, at least not on the outer corners (which are much bigger and more noticeable than the corners of the inside cutout).

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

CornDogsCharger

If you would like to see behind the scene photos from while I was on the set, I posted a lot of pictures to my Facebook page. The link is https://m.facebook.com/justin.cornette/albums/10152458589399707/?ref=m_notif&notif_t=like&actorid=1000732973

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

keith88

Good commercial but they sure are looking old especially tom!
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.

Cooter

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 11, 2014, 08:19:16 AM

Yet, 25 pages about a 4dr car, or some stupid hemi wing car found in a barn isn't. ....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

JB400

Quote from: Cooter on June 11, 2014, 01:34:00 PM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 11, 2014, 08:19:16 AM

Yet, 25 pages about a 4dr car, or some stupid hemi wing car found in a barn isn't. ....
Nah, this one's different.

Mike DC

I just meant you guys were overthinking about the cop talking to Luke. 

Mikesmoparperformance

John Schneider liked this Photo on my FB Page awesome! Love it I keep watching it :2thumbs:

MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

Ghoste

RallyeMike

I finally just saw this commercial last night and really enjoyed it.

It went by pretty fast, but I did notice that the Charger dash was painted all tan just like a lot of the series car. It pretty much looked the same as always, though Bo and Luke had a few more pounds and a few more wrinkles.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

jaak

Quote from: RallyeMike on June 11, 2014, 04:25:32 PM

It went by pretty fast, but I did notice that the Charger dash was painted all tan just like a lot of the series car. It pretty much looked the same as always,

All the interior shots with Tom/John were filmed in an actual series used car.

Jason