News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Autotrader commercial with duke boys

Started by chargerman69, June 09, 2014, 05:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kokxville

1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

DTB

Glad to finally see the end result of the cars on the auto carrier causing speculation. Doesn't look like the Chargers got beat up too bad. I wouldn't mind having one of them from the commercial. Lol. Too bad they couldn't get by with atleast having General Lee on the roof...

DTB

mightywing7

1968 Dodge Charger R/T - 440 Magnum, 727
1968 Dodge Charger - 318, 904
1985 Chrysler LeBaron Turbo Convertible, Mark Cross - 2.2L Turbo
1987 Buick Grand National - 3.8L SFI Turbo
2006 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe, Supercharged 3.2L
2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8, 6.1L HEMI

wingcar

Very entertaining.......I think they did a great job, it's a fun commercial and it doesn't end with a list of possible side effects.
(Ok, maybe it should have at least one....."kids don't try this at home unless you live in Hazzard County")
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

projectanimal

I really enjoyed that!  Well put together and I'm sure they had a blast.  Wouldn't mind seeing another chase with that Viper too!!  :cheers: :drool5: :2thumbs:
northwest CT

wingcar

Proudly destroying classic Dodge Chargers since 1979.....
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Mike DC

QuoteProudly destroying classic Dodge Chargers since 1979.....

This isn't the "stupid comments about your car" thread.

TUFCAT

WOW!!  That was a VERY WELL MADE Commercial!!  :yesnod:

I enjoyed seeing John and Tom back in the ole General Lee again!  :2thumbs:   Nice touch with the new Charger police cars also.  :cheers: :patrol:

MaximRecoil

DTB

Quote from: MaximRecoil on June 10, 2014, 05:31:17 PM
Quote from: GL#10 on June 10, 2014, 05:18:30 AM
My 68 from the commercial

What size are the wheels and tires?

I was curious about that too. Looks like they sported old mud grip tires. Lol

Daytona R/T SE

Sure sounded like "Shooter" Jennings singin' the song. :scratchchin:

Baldwinvette77

I like how you can see the ramp outside the showroom window  :lol:

Daytona R/T SE

MaximRecoil

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on June 10, 2014, 06:09:37 PM
Sure sounded like "Shooter" Jennings singin' the song. :scratchchin:

You may be right. Unfortunately, he can't hold a candle to his father, just as Hank Williams III can't hold a candle to his father or grandfather, and Tommy Cash can't hold a candle to his brother. Hank Williams Jr. is one of the rare exceptions where the son (or brother, or whatever) is on par or close to on par with his nepotism counterpart. Pam Tillis and Crystal Gayle are other examples.

Cooter

Quote from: wingcar on June 10, 2014, 03:22:32 PM
Proudly destroying classic Dodge Chargers since 1979.....

::)
it was 1978
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

toocheaptosmoke

Quote from: DTB on June 10, 2014, 06:02:25 PM
I was curious about that too. Looks like they sported old mud grip tires. Lol

Look like General Grabber AT/2's (BFG A/T knockoff)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: MaximRecoil on June 09, 2014, 11:50:34 PM
Who was the sheriff that pulled up beside them at 1:10 and said, "Hi Luke"? Was he supposed to be someone the audience would know, or just a random cop?

Kinda looked like Enos?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

MaximRecoil

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 10, 2014, 07:46:01 PM
Who was the sheriff that pulled up beside them at 1:10 and said, "Hi Luke"? Was he supposed to be someone the audience would know, or just a random cop?

Kinda looked like Enos?

Didn't look or sound like Enos to me. Plus Luke called him "Lonnie" or something.

bill440rt

I enjoyed this one. Funny, comical commercial. Good parody.
Plus, no Chargers were destroyed into oblivion so that's a bonus.  :icon_smile_big:  :2thumbs:

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 10, 2014, 07:46:01 PM

Kinda looked like Enos?

Kinda looked like Enos (Sonny Shroyer) to me as well. He's aged quite a bit.  :scratchchin:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69wannabe

jaak

Driver side window is rolled up when the Car jumps through the dealership glass. Reminds me of Season 1 of the Dukes, on a lot of the 2nd unit scenes the windows are rolled up.

Jason

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

If you look REALLY CLOSE in the one scene, you can see a corner of the flag and tip of the General Lee text, or so it seems... Otherwise, it's cleverly edited-out  :Twocents:

Indygenerallee

Pretty cool commercial! Sounds like Shooter Jennings singing and that's not Sonny (played Enos) Awesome commercial overall!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Mike DC

I'm guessing they had the side windows up on that dealership jump shot to shield the driver from flying glass.  Notice that the rear quarter window on that side is still down.