News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hole in my Foot Daytona takes second place!

Started by 69HemiBee, June 02, 2014, 09:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69HemiBee

We went to the Lake Erie Mopar meet in Albion, Pa. yesterday. We entered the Wing car, Hemi, AAR/TA judged class. 6 other wing cars including the Graveyard Daytona. The Hole in my Foot Daytona took second place overall in the class. The lack of the jacks being done and some trim we have yet to get back probably held it back from first place. A pesky Hemi Challenger convert took first. So the highest award in the class for a wing car. That ended a very good day. As an aside the F6 Daytona in the back round was 4 serial numbers off the Hole Daytona. He won best of show for 66-71 overall I think.
Supercar Restorations is a fully equipped facility specializing in Chrysler Corporation automobiles. We also carry an extensive line of parts. Contact me at hek@supercarrestorations.com if you have any questions. Thank you.

billssuperbird

I was there the 2 hours up and 2 back on the highway and back roads was the best had a good time ment a Lots  of good people.  :cheers: :popcrn: :drool5: :2thumbs:

hemi68charger

Looks great !!! I dig it there were two F6's there !!!!   :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemigeno

Congrats on the results - sounds like a fantastic weekend all around.

:cheers: :2thumbs:

Is the other F6 car the former George Bockwinkle car - a/k/a the "Wipeout Daytona" (from the '82 meet at the Proving Grounds)?

held1823

awesome recognition of your outstanding work. the car is stunning.

the other f6 car would be 356524. it was for sale a while back, at Ringgold Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

69HemiBee

Is the other F6 car the former George Bockwinkle car - a/k/a the "Wipeout Daytona" (from the '82 meet at the Proving Grounds)?

I do not know that. The owner did tell us the car came from the Chicago area a few years ago. It is a 440 auto console, power windows, AM 8 Track if that helps. Funny I do not remember that wipeout. Guess I am getting old. I'll have to look at some pictures from that meet maybe that will help.
Supercar Restorations is a fully equipped facility specializing in Chrysler Corporation automobiles. We also carry an extensive line of parts. Contact me at hek@supercarrestorations.com if you have any questions. Thank you.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

pettybird

it was a good time, and 4 out of the 7 cars were brought by regular DC.com aero car posters, too!

Nice putting names to faces and cars

Doug

billssuperbird

Aero426

Why is the car called, "Hole in my foot?"     

Now, "Hole in my wallet", I can figure that one out.   

69HemiBee

tan top

:cheers:  good stuff !!    awesome Daytona  :drool5:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

white

As a member Of the Lake Erie tri state Mopar Club I want to say Thank you for everyone who came to our show in Albion,pa. Any input on improvements would be greatly appreciated. Thanks you

pettybird

Quote from: white on June 03, 2014, 08:36:19 PM
As a member Of the Lake Erie tri state Mopar Club I want to say Thank you for everyone who came to our show in Albion,pa. Any input on improvements would be greatly appreciated. Thanks you

a few degrees cooler weather, but since it pours a whole kennel of cats and dogs most years I should just shut up  :lol:

It's a solid show with good attendance every year.  The shirts are a little boring so I don't buy one.  And if that's my only complaint...

r4daytona

Doug, like you said, it was nice putting  faces to a screen names.  It was hot, why don't they let people put up pop -up canopies?  That would be nice.  I was surprised to see the number of wing cars that were there.  Probably should have had mine judged just for the heck of it - lord knows I've enjoyed detailing the hell out of it.  Maybe next year.   It was a nice day.

djcarguy

hemi68charger

Quote from: r4daytona on June 05, 2014, 08:21:16 AM
... It was hot, why don't they let people put up pop -up canopies?  That would be nice. ...

It is probably due to the fact that, in the past, people haven't secured them properly. Doesn't take much wind to get one of those things airborne and smack into a car. I have seen it happen twice. The 1st, people got lucky, the 2nd not so. My buddy's '71 Charger R/T was smacked in the rear quarter and scratched the heck out of his longitudinal stripe.

Now, us wingcar owners have it easy...... We can just tie something to our wings and call it secure......  ;D  Ask me how I know..........   :smilielol:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

billssuperbird

hemi68charger

Troy

billssuperbird

8 track on  I tried to put a cell phone video on. o well :brickwall: