News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

door hinge pins help

Started by Dreamcar, June 08, 2014, 12:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamcar

Is there an easy way to get them out? I bought a hinge repair kit but cant get the old rusty pins out.

Thanks
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

Silver R/T

Soak them in PB blaster, might have to use torch (propane or oxyacetylene if available) to heat them up.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Dreamcar

Then i just hit them from the bottom and they should come out?
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

ottawamerc

Grind the pin flush with the hinge body first. They are mushroomed out to prevent them from coming apart. :2thumbs:

Scott :cheers:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

Dreamcar

Dreamcar

I just got the pins out by grinding the heads off. All done! Thanks

myk

Did you do all four hinges?

Dreamcar

I'm repairing three, and completly replacing another.

ottawamerc

If you use a AMD or other after market hinge make sure to compare it closely  :scope: to ensure it is the same dimensions. I learn t this the hard way!

Scott :cheers:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

Dreamcar