News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

...5 years since it was out on the street, pix

Started by 69 DAYTONA, June 05, 2014, 12:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 DAYTONA

...last week there was discussion over R6 Red and R4 Red...I tried to post pix of my Daytona and realized I have NEVER taken any decent pix of it

...bought it in 1988 from the original owner, sold it in 1999, bought it back in 2009 from the same guy I sold it to making me the 2nd and 4th owner

...doccumented "dealer installed" 6-PACK

...9,450 actual miles

...never rusted, dented or damaged in any way

...all matching numbers, tons of paperwork

69 DAYTONA

...it started right up and drives like new...topped of the tank, and took a couple hundred pix in case it never gets out again, LOL

...car was originally R4 Red, painted Plum Crazy and white shortly after it was sold new, then painted Petty Blue and Red striped...finally repainted the original color combo about 15 years ago...all else is original

JB400

Very nice.   :2thumbs: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: 

Glad to hear that such a car is in great hands.

held1823

hey, i know that car. in a couple of those paint combos, even.

any chance of getting the bird over to south mound for photos alongside the daytona? that would be beyond cool
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

69 DAYTONA

Quote from: held1823 on June 05, 2014, 01:14:41 AM
hey, i know that car. in a couple of those paint combos, even.

any chance of getting the bird over to south mound for photos alongside the daytona? that would be beyond cool

...possibly

Mopar Nut

Nice!

How could you ever let it go in the first place?  :shruggy:

Beautiful car!

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

hemi68charger

Larry, looks great.

Tried to message you on your facebook ( didn't realize this was your Charger screenname ). What are the dimensions of the rims up front? As you probably saw, at one time I had the NASCAR rims on mine ( 15x8 w/4.0 back spacing ). Because of the 4.0 backspacing, the sidewall, on occasion, would rub the wheel lip ( and molding, which isn't good ). May just put them back on after the Hemi's installed and raise the front end a wee bit via torsion bar adjustment...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

The car does look great!  (I remember one of those other paint combos too)

TUFCAT

I saw the car when the Mopar Nationals was at Indy...about 1995 maybe. Brownie mascow owned it. It was windy and he had a sign near the car. The sign blew into the pass side door (if I remember) and put a small door ding in it.  :'(

r4daytona

Very sharp car, does look nice with those wheels.

daytonalo

billssuperbird

62 Max

For those that haven't seen it in it's old paint scheme,should have bought it back then,same owner I bought my bird from,forty miles from home.Also,the original owner had a thing for changing color,here is my bird when I bought it

69 DAYTONA

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 05, 2014, 06:36:53 AM
Larry, looks great.

Tried to message you on your facebook ( didn't realize this was your Charger screenname ). What are the dimensions of the rims up front? As you probably saw, at one time I had the NASCAR rims on mine ( 15x8 w/4.0 back spacing ). Because of the 4.0 backspacing, the sidewall, on occasion, would rub the wheel lip ( and molding, which isn't good ). May just put them back on after the Hemi's installed and raise the front end a wee bit via torsion bar adjustment...

...not sure of the size, the driver side will barely rub from time to time

69 DAYTONA

Quote from: 62 Max on June 05, 2014, 08:26:39 AM
For those that haven't seen it in it's old paint scheme,should have bought it back then,same owner I bought my bird from,forty miles from home.Also,the original owner had a thing for changing color,here is my bird when I bought it

...he sure did have wild taste

pettybird

Quote from: 69 DAYTONA on June 05, 2014, 12:58:37 AM
...car was originally R4 Red, painted Plum Crazy and white shortly after it was sold new, then painted Petty Blue and Red striped...finally repainted the original color combo about 15 years ago...all else is original

But which color scheme would MCG complain about being painted over?  Inquiring minds want to know.

62 Max

I took those pictures in 1985,bought my bird from him in 1982 still the same scheme,I saw the car for the first time in the mid 70's,never saw it any other way. :shruggy:

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

daytonalo

ONLY ONE WORD COULD POSSIBLY EXPLAIN THE PAINTING OF THIS DAYTONA . LCD ????????????

held1823

Quote from: 69 DAYTONA on June 05, 2014, 12:58:37 AM
...took a couple hundred pix in case it never gets out again, LOL

...car was originally R4 Red, painted Plum Crazy and white shortly after it was sold new, then painted Petty Blue and Red striped...finally repainted the original color combo about 15 years ago..

the way i read it, there are about 198 more photos to add to this thread.

and that's just the new ones. here's one of the oldies...
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

69 DAYTONA

...my dad would get the Daytona out on Sundays and take it for a spin...he thought the red/blue Daytona was the most beautiful car he had ever seen...he was quite old and every time he parked the car at a restaurant people would try to buy it from him

472 R/T SE

Is this one of the former era correct paint rides that mcg cried about "corndog" restoring?

Old Moparz

Nice looking car, I really like the tires & wheel combo.  :2thumbs:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry