News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anybody ever get stuck working on an old dodge motor home?

Started by 69wannabe, June 02, 2014, 10:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69wannabe

Came home a couple weeks ago to a giant RV sitting in my not so big back yard! A friend of my brother needs to get this thing up and running. Its been sitting since 09 but for a 72 model it's in pretty good shape. Finally got to work on it this weekend and replaced the fuel pump (mechanical) and checked out the pump rod which looked great!! It's a 413 engine with a factory holley carb. Not gonna try to pull any gas from the tank since it's most likely rusty so pulled all the spark plugs and cleaned them with my spark plug cleaner. Pulled and rebuilt the carb but the only kit I could come up with was a walker kit. Put the carb back on and dropped a little gas down it and a new battery in it and it fired off and ran. The engine ran good but the floats would not adjust at all front or rear. Not sure if the floats are bad or if them needle and seat assembly's are just junk!! Pulled it back off and ordered two new holley floats and two new holley needle and seat assembly's that should be here tomorrow. Running it off a gas jug for now just to get it running and then I will get to the fuel tank later. Hopefully the holley parts will get this carb straightened out so I can move this thing out of my way!!! ;D