News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just picked up a MSD 6AL

Started by Khyron, March 16, 2006, 09:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

And plan of hooking it up soon. But first a quick question.

I have a Mopar electronic distributor and running a stock Coil. I'm thinking up upgrading the coil to an ACCEL or MSD super coil. That sound like a plan? Am I looking at a noticeable difference here? It's funny because all the cars I've ever built, I never put one in and want to make sure I'll putting a good combo together, The ACCEL Coil is like $40.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Ghoste

Get the Mopar Performance coil.  It's an MSD Blaster coil but it's painted black.  Just peel of the MP sticker and it looks stock.

Headrope

Quote from: Ghoste on March 17, 2006, 11:58:48 AM
Get the Mopar Performance coil.  It's an MSD Blaster coil but it's painted black.  Just peel of the MP sticker and it looks stock.

:iagree: Go with the Mopar Performance coil and peel off the sticker. You might buy it from the parts counter at your local dealership. Tell them what it's going in to (better yet, drive it in there) and you might be able to get a discount, not that they are all that expensive.

I've had nothing but trouble with Accel coils. They are very affordable - which I think is the problem.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.