News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Proportioning Valve.... not there

Started by Canadian1968, July 05, 2014, 09:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canadian1968

I am probably going to have to pick up a distribution block for my 68 R/T. Looking them up I see the proportioning valve for sale, I thought this was only for 4 wheel drum cars.  This should be on a 68 R/T with front Disc and rear drum???  Because there is not one on there now!  I thought the car braked fine with out it, what exactly does it do?

fy469rtse

Should have one at least on there, later year models had two ,
All had the hold of block roughly under firewall to rears,
Helped distribute exact pressure to all wheels, from factory would have have had distribution block with brake pressure switch for light in dash for when something was amiss with brakes fluid pressure
Look up threads on here , good photos too showing what should be there
Oh word of warning , only buy your distribution blocks from well known suppliers, don't ask how or why I know this , it will save you some frustration , just been through all this with mine with issues,
My thread  build has some photos of my engine bay showing placement of blocks

John_Kunkel

A '68 with factory front discs would have a separate prop valve down lower on the frame.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Canadian1968

Hmm great lol.  The more I find out about the work done on this car angrier I get ! So guess I am looking for a new proportioning valve !