News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How much engine do I need?

Started by Paul G, June 01, 2014, 02:12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul G

I had the car on a scale today. Funny thing, there is a recycle/scrap yard a couple miles from me. Didnt even know it was there. I went there today bringing in some batteries for recycling, and sitting right there is a truck scale. I asked how much to weigh my car? He said just bring it in the boss wont care. So I weighed the car after work today.

The car weighed in at #3920 with the trunk full of "stuff" and 3/4 tank of fuel. I am another #200. So figure on track day, empty trunk, probably will weigh about#4000 with me in it.

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

XH29N0G

I think your car just got faster.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

1974dodgecharger

BSB67

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

XH29N0G

Snarky comments aside - it is a nice looking car and will be a lot of fun when you next project is done.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Ghoste

Now you need less motor than you thought.  Very nice looking car.

Paul G

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

idahogrumpy

Needing less motor would allow you to run a Nice small block with less weight.  ::) Just sayin, less money, less weight, and just as much fun.  :yesnod:
Too much to say
Too much to do
Too tired to get it done
Too stubborn to give up
GRUMPY
Modified 73 440 Charger, 03 Intrepid SXT, 02 Neon and 2001 Ram 1500 .

Ghoste

Thats very true, but I will say I had a well done smallblock once in a Charger years ago and I missed the low end torque of the bigblock.  I suppose it depends how and where you drive it most.  :shruggy: