News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

headlights go out whenever clutch is press

Started by Humdinger, May 21, 2014, 10:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humdinger

Hello all. I'm the proud new owner of  my dream car, a 1969 charger. So far everything is pretty great, however the headlights have been a little glitchy. Ironically the vacuum covers are working great, and the lights themselves turn on initially, but once I pull on the emergency break release and then push on the clutch they flicker out completely. After that, they flicker on and off in no particular order; just when ever the clutch is pressed or if I jiggle the emergency brake handle.

I'm going to look at it real good when I get some time this weekend, but I just thought I'd throw it out there in case someone here has experienced the same thing before. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kurt
-Humdinger

Ghoste

I'd be inclined to guess a loose connection between the switch and the firewall that is jiggled whenever either of those two things are moved.

Humdinger

Thanks fir the quick response. I'll check that first. Appreciate the help.
-Humdinger

A383Wing

yea..I would look at the harness and make sure it's not touching the clutch linkage

Humdinger

Well ghoste, you were close...It was a lose connection, but it was on the hi/low switch mounted to the floor.

It turns out that every time I pressed the clutch, the carpeting would ruffle and shift slightly, jiggling the loose wires connected to the switch. Kind of a fluke problem, but easy cheap fix, so I'll take it. Thanks to all who replied trying to help.
-Humdinger

Ghoste

You have to like when it turns out to be something simple.  :2thumbs: