News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Could you order a 340 6 pack in a 70 Charger

Started by ACUDANUT, May 28, 2014, 05:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaximRecoil

Quote from: A383Wing on May 31, 2014, 07:44:56 PM
all this knowledge from a kid that does not know how to get a speedometer needle off

Welcome to Logical Fallacy Central, with our host "A383Wing". He has nothing relevant to say, but he likes to chime in anyway, to display his not-so-keen grasp of logic and his residence in Deep Left Field.

By the way, I do know how to "get a speedometer needle off", obviously, not that it is even remotely relevant to anything in this thread.

Quote from: Indygenerallee on May 31, 2014, 08:04:59 PM

*Amateur Hour Alert*

A383Wing

just as your bantering has nothing to do with this thread either..the original thread topic has been answered...more than once, but you seem to go on and on about "irrelevant" things in this thread all the time trying to prove yourself to everyone....and yourself...

cudaken

Man, how the heck did this Food Fight Start in the first places! :shruggy:

Far as Maw Mopar specks being right all the time? NO  :scratchchin:  Far as HP factory ratings on the 340 and Hemi where with in 4% of there real life HP. Now this is straight from Chrysler Direct Connection Racing Manuel!

For a example factory 383 HP rating is 330 HP / 335 for the Road Runners.  :D Real life 260 to 290 HP in pure stock form. With some minor work could make the 330 HP.

Far as shipping weight I see noway for there to be a totally true number! Lest say 69 Charger R/T with a 440 727 and 8 3/4 rear end. Did it have power windows, AM / FM radio, AM or radio delete,  A/C, bench seats or buckets, clock, clock delete or Tic Tock, buddy seat and with or with out rear defroster?  :shruggy:

With a Charger being a P (Premium Body) they had extra sound proofing. 20 years ago I was there when a 69 Charger R/T was sent to the shredder. I had robbed the 8 3/4 rear end and springs from the Charger for my 68 Road Runner. When the Charger went for it last ride the 440, 727, seats, doors, fenders, bumpers, glass, gas tank, glass, trunk, tail lights, front K member, bumpers, marker lights, doom light, dash, wiring, vacuum can and any thing else that could be unbolted, pulled or pried off the car.

Rich and I was stunned when he got the weight from the junker. Car still weight in at 2600 pounds? Was the scrapper scales right?  :shruggy: But that is what he paid Rich for is scrape!  :icon_smile_wink:      

Welcome to Logical Fallacy Central, with our host "A383Wing". He has nothing relevant to say, but he likes to chime in anyway, to display his not-so-keen grasp of logic and his residence in Deep Left Field.

You know Max, I did not reread the whole post to see when and why the food fight started. Heck I may be on your side and not know it!  :scratchchin:

Now as far as Bryan being ill relevant and possible wrong? Well it is not Ron or Neil but he is far from being stupid. I have learned a few things form him!  :2thumbs: That is saying a little bit coming form me. I started driving BB Mopar when I was 16, got my 68 Road Runner from Mom and Dad when I was 17 (still have her now for 41 years) and my happy ass has been dragged around 400,000 miles by B, E and C bodies!  

Just because you don't agree with someone does not mean you have to get in a food fight!

Cuda Ken
I am back

ws23rt

Quote from: A383Wing on May 31, 2014, 08:31:47 PM
just as your bantering has nothing to do with this thread either..the original thread topic has been answered...more than once, but you seem to go on and on about "irrelevant" things in this thread all the time trying to prove yourself to everyone....and yourself...

He has a need to be correct and that all who read understand this. Since there is not one pat answer to every question this can go on forever.
Posting "factual" information in a place like this is a way that future fact checker investigators can get to work to set the world back on axis and maxim will be vindicated.  Unless he's wrong

MaximRecoil

just as your bantering has nothing to do with this thread either..

Yes, it actually does. Every one of my replies has been either relevant to the OP or relevant to the post to which I replied.

Quotethe original thread topic has been answered...more than once, but you seem to go on and on about "irrelevant" things in this thread all the time trying to prove yourself to everyone....and yourself...[/color]

Negated by your false premise. See above.

Quote from: ws23rt on May 31, 2014, 09:21:09 PM

He has a need to be correct and that all who read understand this. Since there is not one pat answer to every question this can go on forever.
Posting "factual" information in a place like this is a way that future fact checker investigators can get to work to set the world back on axis and maxim will be vindicated.  Unless he's wrong

I see you found your assigned seat in the peanut gallery, where all people who have nothing relevant to say, but still wish to throw paper cups, are relegated.

JB400

I better be careful, I might get dismissed :P

1974dodgecharger

I wish i had a 68 charger, I think it be the coolest thing in the world.

Dodge Don

ACUDANUT

Wrong. You could order it, but you wouldn't get it.  :lol:
Well, you know what I mean.  I guess it would be like wanting a 426 4-speed with a/c.  You could ask, but the answer is no.

MaximRecoil

Quote from: redmist on June 02, 2014, 09:20:26 PM
Oh yeah.....

My car weighed in at 3620 lbs with a full tank of gas, and me not in it on the truck scale at the local truck stop.

Maybe Chrysler knew how to weigh their own cars after all.

Ghoste

MaximRecoil

Quote from: Ghoste on July 03, 2014, 06:50:21 AM
Yeah, only too bad it's not a stock RT.

It is also lighter than a 3,646 pound stock base R/T. It weighs "3620 lbs with a full tank of gas", which means it weighs 3,506 with no fuel, assuming he has a stock 19 gallon tank (gas weighs 6 pounds per gallon). His car has the same drivetrain as a base R/T, which is the main thing which increases the weight of an R/T over a base Charger with a 318/904/8¼". So what made your car(s) ~300 pounds heavier than his?

Ghoste

Without being able to examine the two cars who the hell knows?  Brakes, suspension, aluminum parts?  I have no idea what mods redmist has made to his car if any.  Perhaps he has done things to make it even heavier than stock.  But I know what will come next and this one played out a month ago so...

You're right Maxim you caught me, I made the whole thing up just so I could argue with you.  I am the troll and you win.

MaximRecoil

The funny thing is: you wanted me to weigh my car, even though it is the farthest thing from an R/T (318/904/8¼"), and when presented with someone who did recently weigh their car, you point out that it is not an R/T, even though it has the same drivetrain as an R/T.

Ghoste

Doesn't matter, I told you I made it up, I lied, you win.

charge69

Well, this is a really stupid argument that is already on page 3.  Anyone can take their Charger to the drag strip and run it has to cross the scales WITH DRIVER and pushing the 4000lb. point would be too easy for most of us. Between 4000lbs and 4100lbs would be more the norm with the Chargers race/street-ready.

My title for my 1969 Charger R/T with 8 3/4' rear end, 727 auto, Power steering, HD Manual drum brakes and 426 option has 3700 lbs. printed on the title! I got this car in 1976, and am the 3rd owner and have the ORIGINAL title issued by the state of Texas. I can pretty much assure you this is a "light" estimate taken from Chrysler's published shipping weights and not actually weighed! Add fluids, gas and a person and it would be over 4000lbs very quickly!

And YES, all car manufacturers routinely fudged their advertised shipping weight to save a little shipping charge per vehicle. common knowledge back then but you wouldn't know as you weren't even a gleam in your daddies eye back then.

When the '69's came out, I had almost completed a 4 year tour in the USMC, had a wife and child and routinely rode and drove all manner of MOPAR goodness. Back then, running a Charger R/T across the scales at the dragstrip in "street trim" virtually guaranteed the Charger with driver would be closer to 4100 lbs. than 4000lbs.

MaximRecoil

Quote from: charge69 on July 03, 2014, 10:14:55 AM
Add fluids, gas and a person and it would be over 4000lbs very quickly!

Those things increase the weight of an E-body by the same amount. Since you seem to have missed the point of the argument, it was that a Charger isn't necessarily all that much heavier than an e.g., Challenger, and if a 340 is good in the latter, it wouldn't be bad in the former either. It would likely be roughly equal to the performance of a 383-2v in a Charger, but get better gas mileage and have better handling.

QuoteAnd YES, all car manufacturers routinely fudged their advertised shipping weight to save a little shipping charge per vehicle. common knowledge back then

This is a baseless claim which is also logically absurd. However, feel free to continue believing you've discovered the key to cheaper shipping rates; you know, just tell the shipper that your item weighs less than it really does; they'll never catch on to such a devilishly clever plan (it is not as if shippers have their own scales or anything, right?), not even when you're shipping hundreds of thousands of items through them a year ... not to mention the fact that in many cases it is not so much the weight that determines shipping prices, but rather the size of the item, i.e., how much space it takes up on the shipping truck.

Alaskan_TA

Maybe try the PM feature for this?

That way, anyone that does not agree with any opinion presented to them can ignore it & none of the rest of us have to even see it.   :no:

charge69

Actually, my friend who has 1/4 mile drag raced both says the Challenger is heavier than the Charger and has scales slips to prove it! By the way, his Chally has a 451 stroker based on a 400 block and the Charger is a 440 R/T.  The Chally is the heavier car!

Shippers and shipping companies agreed on a specified weight for a particular item. It (the individual cars) may have been a few pounds lighter or a few pounds heavier than the agreed-upon weight.  I can assure you the shippers, both rail and truck, did not weigh the individual cars! Your arguing about what happened back then is laughable!  HaHaHa!  You are the logically absurd one here! Keep digging, I mean arguing!  HaHaHaHa

ws23rt

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on July 03, 2014, 10:59:03 AM
Maybe try the PM feature for this?

That way, anyone that does not agree with any opinion presented to them can ignore it & none of the rest of us have to even see it.   :no:

Some of us get a kick out of watching him scramble to be correct and have fun poking to make him go. :lol:

MaximRecoil

Quote from: charge69 on July 03, 2014, 11:08:09 AM
Actually, my friend who has 1/4 mile drag raced both says the Challenger is heavier than the Charger and has scales slips to prove it! By the way, his Chally has a 451 stroker based on a 400 block and the Charger is a 440 R/T.  The Chally is the heavier car!

Yes, some individual Challengers will be heavier than some individual Chargers, because a base Charger isn't all that much heavier than a base Challenger; the E-body is more or less a B-body which has had some of its trunk section lopped off, which doesn't result in a huge weight loss.

QuoteShippers and shipping companies agreed on a specified weight for a particular item. It (the individual cars) may have been a few pounds lighter or a few pounds heavier than the agreed-upon weight.  I can assure you the shippers, both rail and truck, did not weigh the individual cars!

You don't have to weigh individual cars; you only need to weigh the car hauler before and after it is loaded with cars to get a total shipping weight (and keep in mind that shippers don't necessarily charge by the pound; the size of the shipment is usually more important). As for your sentence in bold, consider it marked [citation needed]; until then, it can be assumed that you're just making stuff up.

QuoteYour arguing about what happened back then is laughable!  HaHaHa!  You are the logically absurd one here! Keep digging, I mean arguing!  HaHaHaHa

This isn't an argument, nor does it even have any basis in logic (you might as well say that no one can argue about anything which happened more than 116 years, 120 days ago, because no one living today was alive back then); as such, consider it dismissed out of hand.

Quote from: ws23rt on July 03, 2014, 11:15:13 AM
Some of us get a kick out of watching him [be correct] and have fun [setting out "bait" without a trap, not realizing that such a thing is just free food]. :lol:

Fixed.

polywideblock

so when are the mods going to see this has turned into another off topic cluster f*ck amd lock it   :scratchchin:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

JB400

ACUDANUT

No need. Everyone just show up and duke it out.   :smilielol:

MagnumForce

I have a hopped up 340 in my 69 charger and its a dog. I am going to have the car tuned this friday because i think something isn't running right. After being in my friends BB car, there is no comparison but i figured i get my lil 340 running good until i can afford a BB swap.
I never heard of any other 2nd gen charger with a 340 in it. And i guarantee no one has a heard of a 69 like mine with a 340, th350 and 8.5 rear  :rofl:
If You Ain't First, You're Last!!