News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 switch to 1969 Charger

Started by Bowers, May 27, 2014, 01:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamcar

Your 70 is soooo nice as is....sell it and get a 69. You'd likely be able to get a comparible 69 for the same money you get out of the 70, and you'd save in conversion costs.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

6spd68

Aside from everyone's opinion on what you should do, have you planned when you'll be starting your conversion?
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

nvrbdn

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

and a new thread that will just be about the car. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Bowers

Have purchased the grille, bumpers, taillights. Am trying to find a hood, valance, and LH Fender in decent enough shape. Looking at new AMD metal and have some really decent prices, but the fender is sold out till probably August.  :brick wall:
Soooo Close

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Bowers on June 12, 2014, 01:09:49 PM
Have purchased the grille, bumpers, taillights. Am trying to find a hood, valance, and LH Fender in decent enough shape. Looking at new AMD metal and have some really decent prices, but the fender is sold out till probably August.  :brick wall:
Soooo Close

Thats cool, so i guess you are planning to do the facelift? , i dont know what you plan to do with the 70 front clip, but my  :Twocents: , keep it, so if  you decide to revert or sell it, you dont have to beat yourself up about it  :lol:

Bowers

That was my original plan. Keeping all parts just in case  ;)

Stevearino

70 stuff in good shape is not easy to find. Definitely keep that stuff. I doubt they will reproduce that stuff any time soon so if nothing else it will keep it's value.

indreams84

....make sure you take plenty of before pictures of the good looking 70'...it will be missed  :icon_smile_blackeye:......but good luck and enjoy your car pal!
1969 Dodge Charger R/T #s Matching

Baldwinvette77

Yeah no kidding, Take some pictures for us as it sits, i really like it  :coolgleamA:

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

ionracer24

Ok, soooooo i read through all the bs, and was wondering if or why you (bowers) and cooter couldnt work out a swap/trade/cash or something betwixed the two of you, maybe??  You'd have ur general and he'd have a sweet ol 70' and wa-lah!! everybody happy...just wondering what became of it lol... :popcrn:
Real race cars have three pedals......

Bowers

Ironracer24 In all honesty Cooter's General Lee was a 70 converted as well. So in my mind I will be doing the same thing but still have all the remaining parts if I should ever need to sell it. I also am enjoying learning more about the car as I have no knowledge of cars at all, so fixing it and changing pieces has been fun and educational...lol. I also know what we have done to the car so there aren't any surprises or unexpected expenses.

Thanks

Cooter

Quote from: Bowers on June 18, 2014, 11:12:21 AM
Ironracer24 In all honesty Cooter's General Lee was a 70 converted as well. So in my mind I will be doing the same thing but still have all the remaining parts if I should ever need to sell it. I also am enjoying learning more about the car as I have no knowledge of cars at all, so fixing it and changing pieces has been fun and educational...lol. I also know what we have done to the car so there aren't any surprises or unexpected expenses.

Thanks

Car's worth more as a 69 GL.... :D
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Dodge Don

Quote from: Cooter on June 18, 2014, 11:26:43 AM

Thanks

Fat chance  :eek2:

don duick

Quote from: Dodge Don on June 18, 2014, 11:29:08 AM
Quote from: Cooter on June 18, 2014, 11:26:43 AM

Thanks

Fat chance  :eek2:
:smilielol:

ionracer24

Thanks

Right on, thats understandable.  I'm all for it long as u keep the 70 pieces in case u sell or want to switch back.  Far as i can tell, no harm done.  It's just basically on  "vacation" from being a 70 lol
Real race cars have three pedals......

nvrbdn

anything going on here?  pics, parts collected? :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Bowers

Sorry guys,
Body work has started. Body is being straightened and hood is now being stripped. Should be done by the end of the month. Going to pickup the horn, and Vector Rims and BFG tires this weekend. Decals have been ordered and pics are being taken. I will start a new thread on the process soon.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Bowers on July 18, 2014, 11:50:36 PM
I will start a new thread on the process soon.
Will look for it.

JB400

At least your making progress :2thumbs:

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Cooter

This is awesome. Glad too see your finally seeing your dream of owning a GL. A 70 is cool, but not like the GL. Please post pics of progress I'm dying to see the mods.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

tan top

:coolgleamA: :2thumbs:  , looking forward to seeing pictures & stuff  :cheers: :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1965gp

I will definitely be following this build.

Who did you end up getting graphics from?

Bowers

1965GP I ended up going with a local guy who is using High performance vinyl as suggested by CrzyC. He was gracious enough to help me out with some of the finer details and MaximRecoil was great in sending me the decal dimensions. Tires and horn arrived today!