News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

CORRECT FLASHER FOR A SUPERBIRD?

Started by Mopar John, May 26, 2014, 04:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar John

I have a replacement Wagner flasher in my Superbird dash harness!
The factory parts book says the part number is 2932877 for a 2 lamp system.
I have seen a yellow stripe for 3 lamp systems. I have also seen green stripe
and blue stripe?
So does anyone have a Superbird with it's original flasher?
If so what color stripe is on it?
Thanks! MJ

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Mopar John

Quote from: nascarxx29 on May 26, 2014, 06:07:55 PM

Saw this on ebay .The Mc bridge orange superbird in mopar action might be a good reference.Its board member Maxwellwegdes http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-70-71-Turn-Signal-FLASHER-NOS-MoPar-Cuda-Challenger-GTX-Runner-Charger-300-/360383970785?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item53e88efde1&vxp=mtr
Dave,
That NOS flasher is part number 2932876 and is a yellow stripe for 3 bulb taillights like on our Chargers.
This would not be correct for two bulb taillights for my Superbird.
Thanks for posting!
MJ

Wingnut426

Chargers have only 2 flashing bulbs in the tail lights!  The inner light is tail lamp only. :Twocents:
HEMI Daytona Convertible

Mopar John

Quote from: Wingnut426 on May 26, 2014, 07:44:44 PM
Chargers have only 2 flashing bulbs in the tail lights!  The inner light is tail lamp only. :Twocents:
You are correct on only two rear flashing but some how Chargers are listed in the 3 lamp application?
In the 1970/1971 dealer parts department books they list 3 lamp W-P and W-S?
But I'm still looking for someone with an original Superbird flasher.
Thanks! MJ

Wingnut426

The 3 lamp flasher is correct for a Superbird.  2 lamps in the back and one in the front make it a three lamp system. :Twocents:m. again.
HEMI Daytona Convertible

Mopar John

Here is a picture of an original flasher I found in my 1970 GTX racecar wire harness. This dash harness was removed from the GTX way back in 1971 and stored. This is a green stripe and has the correct SAE J945 markings on it. The GTX would be the same bulb setup as the Superbird. I am going to use this flasher in the Superbird restoration!
  I still would like to see if any Superbirds out there have their original flasher on them?
MJ

Aero426

John, I will take a look in the green car.   Don't remember if we have ever changed it, or not.  

Your GTX continues to pay you back.

Mopar John

Quote from: Aero426 on June 02, 2014, 03:32:09 PM
John, I will take a look in the green car.   Don't remember if we have ever changed it, or not.   

Your GTX continues to pay you back.
Doug,
  The GTX has been a wonderfull part of my life! It was the car that when it went too fast got me hooked on the Superbirds and the aero cars.
  Just last Friday evening 426 Linda and I had it out to Osceola Dragway for a test and tune session!
The shop that does my chassis work built me a new set of collectors for my headers to try out.
  We made a pass and then switched the collectors. These new collectors were to increase horsepower and make the GTX a little quicker. The result was disappointing as the power peaked sooner than with the old collectors.
The GTX slowed down a tenth and lost 4 miles an hour. I have put the old collectors back on.
  What a rush to let go of the trans brake when the light turns green!

Now back to the turn signal flasher. What I am finding is that not long after the GTX and the Superbirds were built the turn signal flashers like many other electrical items went from an "SAE" designation to a "DOT" designation.
  I have found this on the NOS headlights that I've bought also!
I would still like to see what color stripe others find on original Superbird flashers?
Thanks! John

Silent-H

Mopar John,

Here is the flasher in my 5400 mile Survivor Superbird:

I admire and respect the level of detail you're going for in your restoration.  Anybody who has ever done a car to this level knows the time, patience, hard work, and money it takes to restore a car to this level.  Keep up the great work!

John

Mopar John

Quote from: Silent-H on June 19, 2014, 10:58:17 AM
Mopar John,

Here is the flasher in my 5400 mile Survivor Superbird:

I admire and respect the level of detail you're going for in your restoration.  Anybody who has ever done a car to this level knows the time, patience, hard work, and money it takes to restore a car to this level.  Keep up the great work!

John
Silent-H,
I am sure glad your original flasher looks like the one I stole from my GTX race car harness!
Thanks for the kind words on the project. I went to see it yesterday and it's coming along great!
I will be posting another question tonight about rear brake drums. Maybe you can help again?
MJ

62 Max

John,

Went through my junk,you wouldn't have had to steal one !! :icon_smile_big:

Mopar John

Quote from: 62 Max on June 21, 2014, 10:43:09 PM
John,

Went through my junk,you wouldn't have had to steal one !! :icon_smile_big:
Bill,
If that's an extra send me a pm or e-mail!
Thanks! MJ