News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Charger RT rear tail panel emblem location help needed?

Started by 70gtx440dana, May 22, 2014, 05:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70gtx440dana

I am having a 70 Charger non RT tail panel trim piece restored for my RT. I need to confirm the locations of the "Charger" and "RT" emblems so I can have the restorer locate them properly.
I have pasted a photo of the panel that I am using with a reference measuring tape for current location. I need the location of the "Charger" emblem from the LH side tail light opening and the location of the "RT" from the RH side
tail light opening. Also need to know where the R/T emblem is located vertically in reference to the Charger emblem. A photo or two with measurements would be awesome. Thanks in advance for the help!!  Joe  :cheers:
70 Road Runner FJ5 383-4speed Air Grabber
70 GTX FE5 440-4speed Dana 3.54
70 Charger R/T FJ5 440-4peed Dana 3.54

70gtx440dana

b5blue

I thought that was all one piece, the R/T is attached to Charger. (?)  :scratchchin:

bill440rt

Base model tail panel emblems were one-piece. On R/T's they were two separate emblems.
I believe the same holes were utilized, though?  :shruggy:
Attached is a pic, best one I could muster.  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

myk

Have you considered just putting the "R/T" emblem by itself?  I'm pretty sure there was a Charger set up like that in the offical Chrysler print-ads from back in the day...

bill440rt

Quote from: myk on May 23, 2014, 07:25:45 AM
Have you considered just putting the "R/T" emblem by itself?  I'm pretty sure there was a Charger set up like that in the offical Chrysler print-ads from back in the day...

There was. In '69.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

70gtx440dana

Quote from: bill440rt on May 23, 2014, 07:05:25 AM
Base model tail panel emblems were one-piece. On R/T's they were two separate emblems.
I believe the same holes were utilized, though?  :shruggy:
Attached is a pic, best one I could muster.  :2thumbs:

From what I have investigated so far the holes are not the same. The R/T panel has 2 holes for the Charger emblem and 2 holes for the R/T emblem.
The standard panel shown above has 3 holes for the Charger emblem with the arrow. I believe on the R/T panel the Charger emblem is further to the left as well. That is why I am hoping for someone to provide the dimensions. Hopefully someone can come through for me.

70gtx440dana

Quote from: myk on May 23, 2014, 07:25:45 AM
Have you considered just putting the "R/T" emblem by itself?  I'm pretty sure there was a Charger set up like that in the offical Chrysler print-ads from back in the day...

Wanting to make this look as close as possible to factory.

John L

There are 4 holes total 2 for the Charger emblem and 2 for the R/T, wish this question had been posted a few weeks ago when I had the tail panel redone and off the car. Hope these will help.
John

70gtx440dana

Thanks John L.........just what I needed.  :cheers:   Joe