News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Please help, Ride height question

Started by Eifelcharger, May 23, 2014, 04:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eifelcharger

Dear Charger Community,

I am in the process of fitting a Nissan 350Z rear suspension to my Charger.
The subframe is in place and the mounting points can be attached, but the ride height has not been set yet.
I did record the height of the mounting points in relation to the sill and ground on the Nissan, but my Charger was already in bits when I started this..........so I have no reference !!!

Please help me establish the correct vehicle height by sending me data from your vehicle.

Request:
* Tires sizes front and rear
* Picture from the side (so I can decide if the height of your set-up will suit my car)
* Height measured from subframe to floor front and rear

Thank you very much in advance for your support

Eifelcharger

Another picture showing the measuring points under the car.

Mike DC

Trust me, you will drive yourself crazy trying to compare different cars' heights/stances to each other if you try to measure from the ground.  Different brands and sizes of wheels/tires, unlevel ground, etc.  It sounds simple but it gets impractical when you try it.  

The way to do it is this:  Visualize a horizontal line along the bottom edge of the rockers/fenders/quarters.  (At the bottom of the sides of the car, where the outer panels start to fold under & inwards towards the pinch-weld.)  Compare that line's height to the center points of the wheels.  

Measuring from an obvious line on the body to the centers of the wheels will eliminate the complicating factors:  Wheel & tire size, uneven ground, mis-measured or dented chassis points, etc.

Ghoste

Not to mention different spring packs and their overall condition plus the adjustability of front height with the torsion bars.