News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HellCat Video. Holy crap I want one.

Started by hatersaurusrex, May 20, 2014, 11:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: polywideblock on May 21, 2014, 09:24:42 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on May 21, 2014, 08:04:44 PM
If they make it in plum crazy, I may entertain getting one.

appears you can have any colour you want as long as its not purple    :scratchchin:

No kidding.   ::)

From Alpar:

"Available on the Challenger SRT Hellcat are 20 x 9.5-inch, lightweight forged-aluminum wheels with a Brass Monkey/dark bronze finish."

WTF is that?!?!?!?!?!?!

J-440

That thing is going to need more than a 245 tire to handle all that weight and height.  Good for straight line performance but I don't see that pig turning very well.  Dang it Dodge, mini tub the dam thing and put some 305's on the front!! If I'm dropping 65-80k then give me some more tire will ya??
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

GT

Swore I'd keep my '12 SRT8 forever... but this has me thinking about a trade in.

Yeah those 245's need to go.  Very inadequate on my SRT8 - much better with 275's on it now... but still needs more.
1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

ncmrer

Are you surprised that Chrysler packed so much more power into the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat than what is available in the SRT Viper?

http://www.torquenews.com/106/2015-dodge-challenger-hellcat-most-powerful-american-car-ever

QuoteIn introducing the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat with 707 horsepower and 650lb-ft of torque, the Chrysler Group is showing that they might not have the bestselling muscle car in America, but they are very capable of making the most powerful muscle car. More so, it will be difficult for General Motors or Ford Motor Company to come up with a street legal engine that will beat the Hellcat so maybe – just maybe – this monster Hemi will serve as the most powerful muscle car engine of all time.

Ghoste

Just to prove they can.  Its a halo car so what better way to grab some headlines?  If it were the Viper, everyone would expect but as its the Challenger, here we are.  :2thumbs:

ws23rt

So I presume the supercharger is not like the ecoboost :slap:  Wonder what the on board fuel mileage will say at full demand? (if it even has one :lol:)

My interest is up as my 09 srt is starting to feel old.  It does have 16k on it and some bug splats :shruggy:

1974dodgecharger

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on July 02, 2014, 12:01:02 AM
707HP of raw power...

I have even more of a feeling that the price tag is going to be scarier than the horsepower.

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

six-tee-nine

Buy one now, drive it as little as possible and keep it for 40 years. Maybe it'll be worth more than the byuing price of today.

Thats an investment
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

hatersaurusrex

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on July 05, 2014, 12:42:51 AM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 04, 2014, 09:42:58 AM
Check out this series of 8 videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHshBbH5sZY&list=UUnRChX9_FZsPM0t5IW4JRQA&index=1

The more I see the more I'm convinced Im going to own one

Same here, but the downside is that the more I see, the more I'm convinced that it will be priced north of 75 large. 

Ghoste

Agreed, if it is the current star then SRT can hardly begin blowing them out at less than the Viper.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: six-tee-nine on July 04, 2014, 05:28:30 AM
Buy one now, drive it as little as possible and keep it for 40 years. Maybe it'll be worth more than the byuing price of today.

Thats an investment

to be honest with you I think this is one of the cars that will be valuable in the future I don't know why, but there is something about it.  :scratchchin:

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Mytur Binsdirti

If it comes in under 70 large for a nicely equipped model, I'd be shocked.

FJMG

Quote from: ws23rt on July 01, 2014, 05:22:19 PM
  Wonder what the on board fuel mileage will say at full demand?

I thought I had read that at WOT the tank is empty in something like 13 min.

Course at better than 3 miles a minute you cover a lot of groud so the chances of reaching a fuel station are pretty good.....

Unless you are in the upper Midwest!

Dodge Don

The Hellcat pulled off a 10.8 1/4 mile! Fastest muscle car ever.

Ghoste