News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HellCat Video. Holy crap I want one.

Started by hatersaurusrex, May 20, 2014, 11:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatersaurusrex

And I don't even care too much for the newer Challengers, but this thing is ridiculous.  Bet it costs 80K.

It has ram air in the inboard headlight.  A-la Thunderbolt/Comet in the mid-60's.  So. Effing. Cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQNUYvOwpsk#t=126

Edit: I just saw this video too.   I seriously may sell a kidney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU2d3YpJVYk

And this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r1bOZd7T8Q
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

crj1968

I dig the white with the paisley design on it....hopefull they will release one like that.   :coolgleamA:

The car actually has a weird stance, especially for a "handling" car... body looks pretty high.   :Twocents:
Especially strange looking at the rear view at the 2 minute mark.    :shruggy:

wingcar

WOW..........I guess I'm not in that 5% that "need" what the SRT Hellcat offers.....But, would I like one..........HELL YES!   :flame:

Thank you Dodge for finally stepping up and taking on the other two "Pony" cars....
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

hatersaurusrex

I really dig how they purposely made the console similar to the e-body
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Indygenerallee

:coolgleamA: Ill probably never get to drive one but man its good to see a outrageous factory supercharged HEMI!! I can only imagine I have driven a 2013 SRT8 392 auto and I would have got in trouble with it VERY easy... I could not imagine the Hellcat...
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

BB1

Delete my profile

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

johnnycharger

I think it is epic but I have one question. ...if it takes in the air through the "headlight" hole what are the three scoops in the hood for??? :shruggy:

JB400

2 of those are heat extractors.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXKH1TCUpZQ
I wonder how much weight they managed to shave off of it with the new chassis? :popcrn:

Ghoste

That thing is incredible!  Who will be the first celebrity to wreck one do you think?

SRT-440

I'll trade for one after the dealerships play their games with the pricing...I figure it will need to compete with the GT500 and ZL1 in pricing...that's 65-70K.
My 392 can be a handful on the street and my GN should only run slicks...but this car will be nuts!
Doesn't really matter how much weight they've saved...it's power will level the playing field.

One of the coolest things is the 2 key fob thing...the black fob is the "street" fob at 500hp...the red fob is "track" and it's all 600+.
SRTs have 3 modes...default for daily, Sport, and Track...the HC will also have a Custom so YOU can program the cars performance (adjust boost, timing, suspension, shift delay/firmness).

I would imagine it won't need very much modding...already has intake, exhaust, tune...but I'd prolly add a alcohol kit to run more boost and lower chances of knock.

I'll take mine in Sublime Green.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

74bluecharger440

SRT-440

Nope...Sublime Metallic is the official name.  :2thumbs:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

Lord Warlock

GWE was closer to Sassy Grass Green than Sublime.   Sublime will be a new color offering for the challenger this year.  Many have been asking for it for years, personally I like GWE better, but that won't be a choice I'll likely have to make.  There is no way I can justify buying a 70k car, there is the possibility of spending 55 to 60k but above that is beyond my rationalization quotient.  Had an offer from a dealer to pay me 28k to buy my current challenger (while I expect there would be conditions associated with it...like buying a hyundai as part and parcel, which isn't going to happen) it would still give me around 25k free and clear to put down toward a new car.  

I do however like the fact that you can order a tan or brown leather interior on the new Hellcats.  One of my biggest gripes was that the only color interior you could get was black.

As much as I like the idea of a new hellcat challenger, and would love to own one, the exclusivity of prices on them will likely make it impossible, except as a used car, if and only if they drop in value some, which isn't guaranteed anymore...vipers don't usually drop much in price, and I wouldn't expect a hellcat to drop much either, even regular RT's and SRT8's haven't dropped significantly in the first 5 years.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Ghoste

And most of those initial Hellcat buyers will be the big wallet types who are willing to pay above msrp for the bragging rights.  Not all of them, but I'd bet a fair chunk and they aren't likely to let their "instant collectible" go for much less.  You need to be in the right place and time to take advantage of the guy who gets one and has some financial setback that forces him to his knees on price.

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Bob T

Low 12's?? Or are we the first to see an 11 out of a factory Chrysler car
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Ghoste

Might surprise some Vette owners too.

Mytur Binsdirti

If they make it in plum crazy, I may entertain getting one.

Ghoste

Really they should offer the SRT stuff in just about any color you want.

polywideblock

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on May 21, 2014, 08:04:44 PM
If they make it in plum crazy, I may entertain getting one.

appears you can have any colour you want as long as its not purple    :scratchchin:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Lord Warlock

Can't get it in yellow either, but B5 blue is available again which would be tempting.  As for performance, the 392 cars are already mid to low 12 cars (12.4), so I'd expect the hellcat to be high 11s at least, maybe a little quicker, especially if tweaked which I'd fully expect a few owners to do.  The supercharged 6.1L SRT8's offered by Mr Norm's shop were running 10s, so it isn't too far fetched to think 11s are possible.  

While not seriously considering it, they do have me thinking about liquidating my toy collection to get one, I could sell three cars to get into one with little borrowing involved, and I'd still end up with an antique car of my youth from my dad's collection.  Galls me to think of selling the charger after all these years, but I haven't driven it in over 10 years, at least i'd drive the hellcat.  But i'd probably be too paranoid to drive it daily like i do with the RT.  I'd have to drive the kid's miata to work. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

1970Moparmann

Man, I might be getting rid of a car to buy one! :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/