News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

833od puzzle.

Started by mopar73, May 03, 2014, 09:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar73

I have a833od that the reverse switch is leaking oil out of the back of it.  I have a new switch to install.  The problem is that the old switch just spins around and won't back out :brickwall:  it has an aluminum case. Removing the transmission is not an option right now and there is no room to get the side cover off. Any ideas?

John_Kunkel

Sounds like the threads in the case are stripped out; if you don't want to pull the trans right now you're better off just leaving it alone for the time being. You could probably clean the old switch with brake cleaner and use some RTV to seal it where it's leaking.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

mopar73

That's kind of what I've been thinking for now.  I did put some rtv on it already, but it still seeps. I'll have to try again. It's just irritating! !
I would still like to replace if able

Rolling_Thunder

Sounds stripped....     sometimes if you pull on the switch while gently unscrewing it it might catch the thread if one is still there.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

mopar73

Thanks for the tip.  I'm on the road now, I'll have to try later.