News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger Forward light harness

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, April 18, 2014, 08:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Anyone ever order the forward light harness from Year One for the '69 Charger HU25B?

https://www.yearone.com/Product/1966-74-a-b-e-body/hu25b

Im curious to hear if it comes with BOTH halves of the harness.  Im mainly interested in the part that comes from the main bulk head connector to the connector behind the battery.

It says that there are vacuum hoses taped into the harness.  This leads me to believe it only includes the section AFTER the connector behind the battery?

QuoteForward light harness. NOTE: Two vacuum hoses are taped into this harness (like the originals) for the concealed headlight doors. However, the hoses are standard Gates hoses and not the original-style ribbed and striped hoses (this does not include the remaining vacuum hoses and fittings on the headlights, so please reuse your originals).

Their pic is generic & doesnt really show much... :rotz:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

I'd like to know myself Chris as I plan to order all the wiring for mine too.  When I got the harness for the 67 I'm sure it included both halves but that means nothing for this.

Dino

Does the stock headlight wiring have a grey connector somewhere on the ds frame?  Mine was cut and spliced but I seem to remember that's how you separate the bulkhead wiring from the headlight wiring.

I'm think this harness is only the part from the bulkhead connector to the vacuum can and connector, but I'm not positive. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

tan top

when I got all my M&H harnesses from yearone  , the forward head lamp harness was in two parts ,  you had  two different part numbers ,
one was from the firewall block connector to the multi connector on the inner fender by left side of the battery , then the other was from that connector  , to  headlamps & parking/ turn signals ! ,  ! don't seem to show it on yearones site , unless they changed it  :shruggy:  , both parts now ! :scratchchin:

HU25B  , use to be the one in white  , see picture below  ,   unless they changed  :scratchchin:   will have a look at old yearone receipts   for part numbers , to make sure  could take a while , also got a old yearone catalogue ,  that's all I ever used to order parts back then ,   :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger-Bodie

The M+H one I just got from Megaparts had bothe halves and the hoses for the headlight doors were also taped into the grille portion.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Just 6T9 CHGR

Thanks Steve, thats what i am wondering.  I only want the bulkhead connector section but I dont see it listed separately...I have an email out to Evans Wiring also to see if they sell that one separately....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on April 18, 2014, 10:05:06 AM
The M+H one I just got from Megaparts had bothe halves and the hoses for the headlight doors were also taped into the grille portion.

Thanks Brian!  Just tried checking their site.....no good must be down :(
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Put a call into Bill Evans from Evans Wiring and he is selling me just the half I need.  Thanks all!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ChargerRob

Hello Chris. I also need the same section of wire harness. Do you think it would be possible to order a second one? That section is also the one that has the plug for the hood turn signals correct? Your help is appreciated.  :cheers:
Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

69white hat

Well, poop. I bought that hu25b, hoping it was gonna have the front part of the wiring with the plugs for the headlights. So I guess I'm going to be disappointed?? Damn. That thing was 160 bucks.

Ghoste

You and I both.  Guess I'll retouch this thread in about 4 days.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: ChargerRob on May 11, 2014, 09:06:51 PM
Hello Chris. I also need the same section of wire harness. Do you think it would be possible to order a second one? That section is also the one that has the plug for the hood turn signals correct? Your help is appreciated.  :cheers:

Yes Rob, it has that connector as well.  Give Bill a call & he can make you any section you need.  One snag is the fact that you must change both the male & female connectors that join behind the battery.  Either you keep your originals or Bill supplies you with a new set.  They are not compatible (new into old etc)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

I wonder why that is? (just thinking aloud)

69white hat

i get home from work on thursday and was going to put the new harness in the front of my car and rig in the hid's. Guess I'll still be doing it but maybe not with the wiring harness I thought I was getting. I'll find out thursday.   :shruggy:

Mopar Nut

Quote from: 69white hat on May 11, 2014, 10:24:27 PM
i get home from work on thursday and was going to put the new harness in the front of my car and rig in the hid's. Guess I'll still be doing it but maybe not with the wiring harness I thought I was getting. I'll find out thursday.   :shruggy:
Mine came with both parts, from the main bulk head connector to the headlights, even included the "Y" for the hood turn signal wiring.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Ghoste

I sure hope they still come that way.

69white hat

Meeeeeeeee Too!! Moparnut, did you buy the year one kit?

Mopar Nut

Quote from: 69white hat on May 12, 2014, 07:40:04 AM
Meeeeeeeee Too!! Moparnut, did you buy the year one kit?
Yes, call M & H to confirm what's all included, great bunch of people. Here's there technical support number 562-926-9562    :2thumbs:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Ghoste

Mine arrived today so I'll give the update sometime through the weekend here. :2thumbs:

Ghoste

Put my light harness on this afternoon and it included everything from the bulkhead to the lamps including the Y for the hood indicators.  The only vacuum hoses though were the ones ahead of the rad that go from side to side.

Dino

Quote from: Ghoste on May 18, 2014, 04:16:34 PM
Put my light harness on this afternoon and it included everything from the bulkhead to the lamps including the Y for the hood indicators.  The only vacuum hoses though were the ones ahead of the rad that go from side to side.

Is the harness interrupted by one of those big grey connectors before it goes past the rad support or is it one piece from bh to the lamps?

Ghoste

No there is a connector there just like the original.

Dino

I wondered about that because that connector is missing on my car.  Somewhere along the line someone cut the connector off and, poorly, butt connected the wires.  I have done it properly now and my harness is back In tip top shape so I am letting it be as is, but it is good to know in case I want it to look a bit more stock in the future.   :2thumbs:

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Ghoste on May 18, 2014, 04:16:34 PM
Good to hear your new harness is the same as mine, YearOne sells the best (M&H) wiring for our Mopar's.   :2thumbs:

Did you save 30% off, the only way to go.

Ghoste

It sure is, I replaced all the wiring in my 67 with the M&H stuff and it was some of the best money I invested in the car.  The 30% off deals are the only way you can afford the YO shipping.  :lol: