News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ignition Wiring Question:

Started by Captain D, May 17, 2014, 03:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Hello all,

We just had a quick question to ask please about ignition wire arrangement. Basically, wires on our 69' Charger are rather lengthy and tend to lay directly on the block in front of the intake manifold. I realize that the wires can take a lot of heat, but I'd like to try and raise them off the block itself if I can. On the next tune-up job, I'll inquire about getting shorter wires but for the time being - we're not finding anything out there in the aftermarket realm that can (possibly) install on the same bolt that holds the coil in place on the intake to then extend outward in order for the wires to rest on.

I thought about using a black zip-tie from the wire clip to wrap around the stem of the coil bracket, but felt uncomfortable with the wires that close to the coil. Is there anything out there that you guys may know of that can install off the intake/coil bolt, by chance?

Thank you for any input,
Aaron

JB400

http://www.wiringdepot.com/product_info.php?products_id=1186

Something like this will work and should be available at your local auto parts store.  O Reilley's shows them on their website.

Captain D

Thanks man for the tip and link,  :2thumbs:! Looks like both Advance Auto + even Home Depot sells this particular item. We'll pick one up and give it a try here shortly. Thank you again for the reply.  :cheers:
Aaron