News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new charger guy

Started by slantscamp, May 13, 2014, 09:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slantscamp

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have been looking around for a bit while saving for my charger. Well I finally found one. It's a 69 b5 blue with b7 interior that originally had a 383. It now has a 440. The guy I bought it from only had it about a year. I think he was just trying to flip it. He said when he got it, it was sitting in a garage and hadnt been registered since 82. It looks like it was taken care of. There is a little rust around the rear window in the corners, and the trunk floor. There is one good size dent in the drivers side fender, and the front of the hood had bodywork done at one point and was resprayed, the bondo is now cracking. My goal is to rebuild the front end and swap to disc brakes, get it mechanically sound and enjoy it for a bit before completely tearing it apart. I already have my wifes car torn apart and need to make some headway on that before I take something else apart. I would like to try and find an original steering wheel for it though, and an original style fan. (has a clutch fan right now) Thanks for looking, I look forward to learning more about these B bodies.

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Kern Dog

I'd drive it as is and have fun.

JB400

Welcome to the group :cheers:

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on May 14, 2014, 01:20:16 AM
Why are people so resistant to tell what they paid?
Personally, I consider that a private matter.  It's kinda like asking your co worker how much they make. :Twocents:

myk

I think some people don't want to be reminded about how much they paid for their car.  If it's Charger/Mopar anything it didn't come cheap unless you bought it in 1983...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

fy469rtse

Welcome and what ever you paid , these are hard to find, and this one looks in good shape
No such thing as a dumb question on here , I ask most of them lol
More photos please

Ghoste

Welcome to the group.  Love B5 on a 69, great choice.

Cooter

cause as with life, there's always some assclown that's quick to point out how screwed they think you/they are, meanwhile they own nothing, never will, and some people hate that sh*t.

Just like for sale ads. Many don't like posting asking prices. I can't tell you how many right here pm'd me telling me how crazy I was after they found out what I am asking for General Lee. Then in the same breath, they go out and spend more on a bigger project??
I don't need to hear how you can't afford a driver Charger, only if your bank account has 'sufficient funds'.

Welcome Slantscamp. Nice ride.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

nvrbdn

nice find. are we planning on staying with the blue, or some other color? and dont be afraid to post tons of pictures. want to see everything. :2thumbs: also, what wheel/tire choices? good luck with it.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

darkside

good looking project !

TPR

Welcome aboard Slants. Nice ride.

Did you ask?
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

72Charger-SE

Welcome to the site.  You will find answers to all your questions from the people on this site.  Their knowledge and experience is second to none.   Your car looks really clean and straight.  Regardless of what you paid you have a very nice 69.

cudaken

Slants, if you got the car for under $500.00 you did OK.  :smilielol:
Just kidding and it does not really matter what you paid for if you are happy with it!

What kind of car does the Wife have?

More details on the Charger and lot of photos, we like to watch!  :D

Welcome to the site and post often, don't be a lurker!  :cheers:

Cuda Ken

I am back

slantscamp

Hey guys, thanks for all the replies. I was trying to post more pictures, but it kept coming up with errors. I will have to post more later when I'm home. I ended up paying $19,000 for the car. The guy was asking 22,000. I don't think it was a bad deal. I live in the San fransisco bay area and have Been looking for about a year. But these things are not on Craigslist that often. And if they are, They are either rotted out or 25,000 and up.

6spd68

I paid 16 for a shell with no driveline, you did great sir ;)

Welcome to the forum, and as everyone else has said, it's truely a home of great information, and great people.

Better then any other car forum I've found, to be honest.  Less people pissing on each other 'oh my car's better!', and more sharing knowledge and experiences.  :icon_smile_big:
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

RallyeMike

Welcome. Looks like a great find.

I think you have a great plan in making it drivable to enjoy for awhile before jumping into a tear down.

First things first: Pull out the back seat, gather up the change to deduct from your purchase price, and see if the build sheet is there.  :cheers:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

billssuperbird

Homerr

Welcome! 

Nice looking car and sounds like you have a good plan to enjoy it before getting too serious with it.

Pics need to be 200kb or smaller and have a unique name.

As archie360 recently posted in another thread you can download the service manual here:
http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=109

crj1968

Nice looking car!   :2thumbs:

Daytona R/T SE

Good looking car. :cheers:

B5 is an awesome color. :2thumbs:

Charger4404spd

Welcome and congrats on the new ride! You did well! :2thumbs:

Kern Dog

Quote from: slantscamp on May 14, 2014, 08:20:20 AM
Hey guys, thanks for all the replies. I was trying to post more pictures, but it kept coming up with errors. I will have to post more later when I'm home. I ended up paying $19,000 for the car. The guy was asking 22,000. I don't think it was a bad deal. I live in the San fransisco bay area and have Been looking for about a year. But these things are not on Craigslist that often. And if they are, They are either rotted out or 25,000 and up.

Cool, man. I just think it helps when the purchase prices are known. It helps people avoid "sticker shock" when they are also in the market.
Great color combo. B-5 looks great on everything. The  68-70 Chargers are always in demand so the prices are often higher than any other B body of the same year. Consider getting collector car insurance immediately. There are policies to cover classics that fit into several different categories: Show car, Driver, build in progress, etc.
Welcome to DC.com.   :cheers:

slantscamp

Hey guys. Thanks for all the kind words. I have wanted a 69 charger since I was a kid going to the car shows with my dad. I'm 30 now, and finally decided to get my dream car. I have always loved b5 blue, but was really just looking for a solid car and got lucky. My dad came over the other day and he even said this car looks like its been well taken care of, then forgotten in a garage. Eventually I would like to put some 15x8 steel wheels on the back with larger tires, get it mechanicaly sound, and go do some burnouts. but I cant get too involved with the charger at the moment because I am buried in a car build for my wife. She has a 59 metropolitan that is getting ready to recieve an art morrison chassis. As you can imagine this takes up most my weekends as everything has to be made. Right now im getting the body ready to be put on the frame.