News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Charger project car

Started by 70 sublime, May 10, 2014, 09:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Charger-2-door-1970-Dodge-Charger-/291142832013?forcerrptr=true&hash=item43c9770f8d&item=291142832013&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

This is a 1970 Dodge Charger that I Was going to turn into a Daytona. The body work is about 90% done. It could easily be switched back to a Charger. The car has solid rails, floor and trunk pans. There is no rot on the vehicle. I have almost all the interior, bumpers, trim, lights etc. The motor is a 383 completely rebuilt, has not been started yet. Its completely assembled, picked it up last week from engine shop. Only reason i am selling is because i had Triple bypass surgery and really cant get in garage anymore. Feel free to message me with any questions. Thanks for looking

I am thinking about building a clone Daytona and have noticed this one on ebay

Does anyone know anything about this car ???
It does not look too bad
No bids on it yet so maybe over priced some
I would have to get it for a little less to still be able to afford to get it shipped to me

Better question is what would be the best , safest and most economical way to get this car shipped to Port Hope Ontario (about 1 hour east of Toronto)
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Baldwinvette77

I had a guy ship my shell, didnt cost too much ( a 19 year old afforded it) he has an enclosed trailer, and a standard one

DAY CLONA

Not a bad looking PROJECT, the rear window plug and trunk are scrap metal, the rear wing is fiberglass, more scrap so no value for these wingcar "parts", depending how much is missing, and what comes with the car, and the overall condition of the rails and floors, I'd be hard pressed to start bidding at 4-5K, then depending on which route you going with the build, have another 30-40K+ (if your doing all the work) to make it presentable

70 sublime

Quote from: DAY CLONA on May 11, 2014, 08:30:24 AM
Not a bad looking PROJECT, the rear window plug and trunk are scrap metal, the rear wing is fiberglass, more scrap so no value for these wingcar "parts", depending how much is missing, and what comes with the car, and the overall condition of the rails and floors, I'd be hard pressed to start bidding at 4-5K, then depending on which route you going with the build, have another 30-40K+ (if your doing all the work) to make it presentable

What is wrong with the back window ??
I was just thinking of using a Vega hatch if I could find something close to home
He said he had the trunk hinges when I emailed him
If the trunk lid is not good I have a good donor to cut up
I already have one of Dane's wings :)
There have been no bids the last time I looked so it must be over priced some
If that car was sitting anyplace in Ontario it would have been sold by now for the $8500

I would have to see some more pictures to be sure about the car but it still comes down to how much he would take for it (if the back window was good enough)
I still have to pay for trucking to get it home

I was thinking in the $6K area if floors and frame were good

hawkeye

I think he "screwed the pooch" when he put the rear window plug in.  Most people won't want the plug for a regular resto and it ruins the value of the rebuilt 383 because most people wouldn't want that in a daytona.  You might just be at the right place at the right time.  Easily worth $6k if you can get it for that.   :Twocents:

DAY CLONA

What is wrong with the back window ??

Number 1, it's too high in it's positioning, number 2, it appears it's sized for the stock 68-70 Charger rear glass, number 3, there's no shape/convex/concave lines to the lower dutchman, it's just a hacked in piece of metal

And the more I study the pics, the worse the car is, the rear qtrs are most likely the early half skins, of the hand formed variety offered, just look at the well lip opening thickness, plus the qtrs are probably carved/troweled into shape, a project like this needs to be gutted, if the floos and rails are good?, then that's what you start with, blast or dip the chassis after filleting the carcass, it'll need full qtrs, a rear steel plug, perhaps a trunk floor, a trunk lid (Tona/500) Tona/500 hinges, maybe wheel houses?, floors?, who knows?.....IMHO the car is worth max $4000 and that's pushing the envelope

Indygenerallee

Yeah, That back window area is screwed up bigtime... keep looking
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Dreamcar

It could be worse...it could already be green  :rofl:  Just pulling your leg  :cheers:
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

70 sublime

I have asked for a couple of pictures
One inside the trunk to see what has been done
and one inside the car looking out the back window
I got nothing so I am not worried about this car anymore

Talked on the phone to a guy last night that said he knew where there was a  68 charger 383 auto project , 68 coronet project and a 68 road runner project
He was going on Wedensday to look see and wanted to know if I was interested in the Charger
I said yes let me know what you find out
The Coronet and Road Runner had been cut to make a tub and big back wheels but not the Charger
The owner has passed away
Will see what becomes of it :)

wingcar

"Measure once....cut twice"...or was that the other way around....oh well.

Hopefully the wing was just sitting on the quarters as it appears to be way to far forward.......
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400